Ed. Note: An update to yesterday’s post “At approximately 3:25 am, the suspect gained entry to an occupied residence”, Victims Then Forced to Withdraw Money from an ATM.
“Detectives with the Metropolitan Police Department’s Fifth District and the Violent Crimes Task Force announce an arrest has been made in an Armed Kidnapping and multiple Burglary One offenses in the Fifth District.
- Burglary One While Armed (Screwdriver), 1300 block of West Virginia Avenue, Northeast – On Thursday, November 29, 2018, at approximately 12:33 am, the suspect entered an occupied residence at the listed location. Once inside, the suspect approached the victim and brandished a screwdriver. The suspect took the victim’s property and then fled the scene. CCN: 18-202-469
- Burglary One While Armed, 1300 block of West Virginia Avenue, Northeast – On Friday, November 30, 2018, at approximately 3:55 am, the suspect entered an occupied residence at the listed location. Once inside, the suspect approached the victim and brandished an object. The suspect then assaulted the victim, took his property and fled the scene. CCN: 18-203-156
- Armed Kidnapping (Knife), 1200 block of West Virginia Avenue, Northeast – On Thursday, December 6, 2018, at approximately 3:25 am, the suspect gained entry to an occupied residence at the listed location. The suspect brandished a knife and demanded US currency. The suspect then forced the victims to accompany him to an establishment. Once there, the victims gave the suspect US currency. The suspect then fled the scene. CCN: 18-206-58
“The Metropolitan Police Department’s Violent Crimes Task Force seek the public’s assistance in identifying and locating a suspect in reference to an Armed Kidnapping offense that occurred on Thursday, December 6, 2018, in the 1200 block of West Virginia Avenue, Northeast.
At approximately 3:25 am, the suspect gained entry to an occupied residence at the listed location. The suspect brandished a knife and demanded US currency. The victims then entered a vehicle with the suspect where they were driven to an establishment. The victims withdrew US currency. The suspect took the US currency then fled the scene.
The suspect was captured by a surveillance camera and can be seen in this photo and in this video: (more…)
Thank you for this post. I recently moved to Trinidad and really love this neighborhood. I live on a street where people watch out for each other.
The person shown in the pictures below was caught stealing on camera around halloween outside of my neighbor’s house. Then my neighbor saw him days later stealing across the street. The police arrested him after he was identified and they found packages in his backpack.
He was held for 17 days and then let back on the street. (more…)
via google maps
“Fifth District detectives are investigating an assault that took place in the 1100 block of Orren Street, NE at approximately 4:30pm this afternoon. The victim reported standing at the bus stop when he was approached by an unknown black male and struck in the head with a pipe. The victim sustained non-life-threatening injuries and was transported to an area hospital, and the suspect made good his escape. Anyone with information related to this offense is encouraged to call MPD at 202-727-9099, or text the information to 5-0-4-1-1.”
via google maps
“Detectives of the Fifth District are investigating an Assault with a Dangerous Weapon (Gun) that occurred on 11/07/18 at approximately 2330 hours. A call for Sounds of Gunshots was dispatched for the 1100 block of Owen St. NE. Officers were on scene quickly and located an adult female victim suffering from a gunshot wound to her leg. Preliminary information suggests that the female victim was shot from a vehicle that subsequently crashed and was left on the scene. Four suspects exited the vehicle and fled north through the alley in the 1100 block of Owen St., where they were last seen. The victim was conscious and breathing when she was taken to a local hospital. The suspects are described as 4 black males, wearing all dark clothing with the exception of one who was wearing lighter-colored pants. Any persons with information regarding this crime may contact the Fifth District Detectives’ Office at 202-698-0260, or the MPD Command Information Center at 202-727-9099. Additionally, information may be submitted to the TEXT TIP LINE by text messaging 50411.”
via google maps
“On 10/24/18 at approximately 6 pm officers were patrolling in PSA 507 when they heard sounds of gunshots in the 1200 block of 17th St. NE. Officers arrived in the block and found an adult male victim seated in a vehicle, suffering from a gunshot wound to the upper body. Medics responded and transported the victim to a local hospital where he was pronounced. There is no description of the suspect or suspects at this time. This case is being handled by MPD Homicide detectives. (more…)
This rental is located at 1369 Florida Avenue, NE. The Craigslist ad says:
“$2295 / 2br – H Street Corridor Townhouse with Detached Garage!
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT THE HOME
• The main level is sun splashed with beautiful hardwood floors, featuring custom built in shelving, and artfully-executed sponge-painted walls for an eccentric and tasteful flair.
• Convenient half bath located on the first floor, adjacent the main living room. (more…)
Ouch, thanks to Grant for sending. “I think all the answers are ‘I like beer!'”
I’m on record saying it’s ok to kiss a bumper when parking but this is, well, not cool.