The Caps have won, Capital Pride Parade is over and most of the area kids are out of school. Now that a lot of our pre-summer activities are over, it’s time to get some sun and relax, basking in the lighter traffic or enjoying the monuments with less field trip buses around.
Don’t forget to keep that home search going and to see the entire DC Open House List, click here.
- 2120 Vermont Avenue NW #221 — $464,900 — U Street
Open Sat. & Sun. 2-4 p.m. — Craig McCullough
1-bedroom with a Walk Score of 95.
- 3500 Highwood Drive SE — $549,000 — Penn Branch
Open Sun. 1-4 p.m. — Marshall Carey
A 2,500+ square foot Colonial with 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms,
sunroom, a huge rear patio and a private gazebo.
- 4631 5th Street NW — $799,999 — Petworth
Open Sat. 2-4 p.m. & 1-4 p.m. — Chris Burns
“Smartly renovated” with secured parking
- 1301 H Street NE #2 — $799,000 — H Street Corridor
Open Sat. & Sun. 1-4 p.m. — Brent Jackson
A 3-bedroom luxury condo right on H Street with some great views
in a constantly developing neighborhood.
- 812 C Street SE — $1,800,000 — Capitol Hill
Open Sat. 12-3 p.m. & Sun. 1-4 p.m. — Phyllis Young
“House & Garden Tour Favorite with sumptuous proportions.”
The weather has been a runner and biker’s paradise all week, but that’s likely to change based on the rain in the forecast. Since you can’t brunch outside, why not check out some of our suggested DC Open Houses? To see the entire DC Open House List, click here.
- 6827 Sandy Spring Road NW — $450,000 — Takoma
Open Sun. 1-4 p.m. — Dina Paxenos
Two bedroom, 1.5 bath semi-detached on a “wooded and private lot on small street” along with a serene, fenced yard.
- 800 4th Street SW #N603 — $300,000 — Southwest Waterfront
Open Sun. 2-4 p.m. — Joel Nelson
Don’t let the staging confuse you, that ‘living room’ is also the bedroom.
- 6425 14th Street NW #206 — $289,900 — Brightwood
Open Sat. 12-2 p.m. & Sun. 2-4 p.m. — Djana Morris
“Gorgeous, generously-sized 1BR/1.5BA condo is absolute perfection.”
- 218 Maryland Avenue SE — $2,500,000 — Capitol Hill
Open Sun. 1-3 p.m. — Olivia Merlino
This 5-bedroom victorian row home seems to mix multiple styles and eras on the interior and is quite frankly confusing.
- 1815 18th Street NW #103 — $625,000 — Dupont Circle
Open Sun. 2-4 p.m. — Melissa Terzis
A listing loaded with new features: new bathroom with added shower, new washer/dryer, dishwasher and Elfa closet system.
- 5038 / 5040 Meade Street NE — $550,000 — Deanwood
Open Sat. 12-2 p.m. — Christopher Wroten
It’s a bizarre architectural style, but for that amount of square footage, it’s almost worth ignoring on either of these units.
Just as promised, this weekend has substantially more open houses than the last. 317 so far to be exact. Take a look at some of our suggested new properties to hit the market and to see the entire DC Open House List, click here.
- 1150 K Street NW #202 — $599,999 — Mt. Vernon Square
Open Sat. 12-2 p.m. & Sun. 2-4 p.m. — Amanda Steinmuller
With a recent $15k price reduction, this updated unit is a must-see.
- 1626 Trinidad Avenue NE #2 — $650,000 — Trinidad
Open Sat. & Sun. 1-4 p.m. — Tumi Demuren
“Brand new condominiums in much coveted Trinidad neighborhood.”
- 906 Crittenden Street NW — $869,000 — Petworth
Open Sun. 1-3 p.m. — Al Rice
Entirely modern from the kitchen to the bathrooms to the finished basement.
- 1911 D Street NE — $625,000 — Kingman Park
Open Sun. 1-4 p.m. — Dina Paxenos
A renovated 3 bed/1.5 bath row home with a great Walk Score of 81 and an even better Bike Score of 91.
- 342 14th Street SE — $800,000 — Hill East
Open Sat. & Sun. 1-3 p.m. — Esther Konrad
3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, exposed brick and a bright, open floor plan.
Those staying in the District might be looking for something to do… and we hate to break it to you, but open houses are probably not a good option.
There are barely any opens on Memorial Day Weekend. This weekend also signifies the beginning of summer AND pool openings. Rather than presenting open houses, here are a few available listings that have access to a pool.
To see the entire DC Open House List, click here.
- 3303 Water Street NW #8C — $3,990,000 — Georgetown
NO OPEN HOUSES — Michael Rankin
You’d think for the price it would have a private pool, but it is a penthouse, so the pool can’t be too far of a walk from the unit.
- 800 4th Street SW #N402 — $499,900 — Southwest Waterfront
NO OPEN HOUSES — Thejuanie Brown
It’s not the largest pool on the list, but the added benefit of being steps from the actual waterfront makes up for it.
- 555 Massachusetts Avenue NW #1203 — $695,000 — Mount Vernon
NO OPEN HOUSES — Thais Austin
Not only do the views show the monuments, but the pentagon-ish shaped pool and terrace do too.
- 45 Sutton Square SW #1118 — $1,424,900 — The Wharf
NO OPEN HOUSES — Lynn Tsao
A new luxury condo building Vio is already 85% sold and has a “saltwater infinity edge pool.”
- 1239 Vermont avenue NW #1005 — $513,999 — Logan Circle
NO OPEN HOUSES — Tim Savoy
Penthouse unit in Crescent Tower with a community rooftop pool overlooking Logan & Thomas Circle
Well, if you had outdoor plans this weekend they’re probably cancelled due to rain.
It’s the perfect weekend to wake up late and stay in bed later. You should probably get out for a few hours though, so we suggest checking out some of our favorite (and dry) open houses this weekend.
To see the entire DC Open House List, click here.
- 1830 11th Street NW #2 — $729,900 — Logan/Shaw/U Street
Open Sat. 12-3 p.m. & Sun. 2-4:30 p.m. — Fernando Garcia
A modern 2-level, 2-bedroom centrally located between 3 different hoods is back on the market with a $50k price reduction, meaning they want this to sell ASAP.
- 911 2nd Street NE #406 — $484,900 — NOMA
Open Sat. 2-4 p.m. & Sun. 1-4 p.m. — Samuel Davis
1-bedroom condo just a few blocks from Union Station, but if you go to the open, stay for a Metro to go by to see how loud it’d be living there.
- 3838 Windom Place NW — $1,050,000 — North Cleveland Park
Open Sat. & Sun. 2-4 p.m. — Maura Gordy
Detached Craftsman-style “just minutes from 2 Metros.”
- 331 K Street SE — $925,000 — Navy Yard
Open Sun. 1-3 p.m. — Brent Jackson
Listed as a 4 BR, but description says 3 + den, so we’re gonna guess that the den is the 2nd upper level staged as a master suite (but wtf is up with that mounted TV on the staircase?).
- 5401 7th Street NW — $624,500 — Petworth
Open Sun. 1-4 p.m. — Jeffrey Stack
Just look at the house and not argue the neighborhood since Dan has already issued the be-all and end-all decree of the northern boundary.
While it may be a holiday weekend, real estate never takes a rest. So if you are planning on visiting your mothers this weekend and still want to make it to some opens, we suggest a late morning brunch and a stroll to some of our featured DC Open Houses. To see the entire DC Open House List, click here.
- 112 Duddington Place SE — $849,999 — Capitol Hill
Open Sat. & Sun. 1-4 p.m. — Michele Weinstein
“Unique opportunity to own a beautifully designed home with original details and modern upgrades,” especially all that beautiful marble.
- 4521 Georgia Avenue NW #1 — $674,900 — Petworth
Open Sat. 2-4 p.m. & 1-4 p.m. — Denny Horner
3 bed/3 bath/2 level condo with an incredible master bedroom suite.
- 300 M Street SW #N802 — $250,000 — Southwest Waterfront
Open Sat. 1-4 p.m. & Sun. 2-4 p.m. — Pfashema Faber & Katherine Krevor
A top-floor condo unit at a price that makes renovating the kitchen much more affordable.
- 1109 Holbrook Terrace NE #3 — $389,900 — Trinidad
Open Sun. 2-4 p.m. — Kymber Lovett-Menkiti
The photos have some bizarre tint or filter on them, so this is definitely one to see in person.
- 4615 Colorado Avenue NW — $1,099,000 — Crestwood
Open Sat. & Sun. 1-4 p.m. — Lisa LaCourse
“Spacious, unique, all-brick home in the popular, historic Crestwood community.”
Did you blink and miss the DC spring? If you’re like the rest of us wondering how we are already in the swampy weather season, you’ll need a distraction. Why not look at some of our suggested DC Open Houses (that all likely have working A/C). To see the entire DC Open House List, click here.
- 1545 18th Street NW #517 — $374,998 — Dupont Circle
Open Sun. 2-4 p.m. — Metro DC Houses
If you get this place, you’ve got guaranteed year-round firework viewing on the community rooftop.
- 922 44th Street NE — $469,900 — Deanwood
Open Sat. & Sun. 1-3 p.m. — Aaron Adams
Offers due on the 6th & decision on the 7th, so hurry on this one.
- 4814 Kansas Avenue NW — $789,900 — Petworth
Open Sat. & Sun. 2-4 p.m. — Lindsay Clark
“Extra wide row house w/ 4 BRs & 3.5 BAs in Petworth!”
- 804 30th Street SE — $599,900 — Hill Crest
Open Sun. 2-4 p.m. — Deidre Paige
The description and photos are a bit vague, so your guess is as good as ours as to if all that yard is part of this one lot.
- 3632 Whitehaven Parkway NW — $2,485,000 — Burleith
Open Sub. 2-4 p.m. — Nancy Taylor Bubes
A lot nicer finishes and details than your typical row home renovation.
The temperature has been consistently not terrible for a change, including this weekend that has 70-degree weather slated for Saturday. So get out and check out some of our suggested open houses below, and to see the entire DC Open House List, click here.
- 635 Hamilton Street NW — $675,000 — Petworth
Open Sun. 2-4 p.m. — Erik Evans
Ever wanted a shower/tub combo that has its own accent lighting?
- 560 N Street SW #N508 — $355,000 — Southwest Waterfront
Open Sun. 12-2 p.m. — Steven Dean
This unit may have “fabulous views” but a view of the kitchen isn’t one.
- 1080 Wisconsin Avenue NW #205 — $949,000 — Georgetown
Open Sat. & Sun. 2-4 p.m. — Sherri Anne Green
Includes a terrace that looks like it’s at least half the size of the unit itself.
- 1132 Neal Street NE — $749,900 — Trinidad
Open Sat. & sun. 1-3 p.m. — Tianni Craig
“Bright, spacious row home near Metro & H Street” is “entirely renovated in 2013 and well maintained.”
- 401 11th Street SE — $1,395,000 — Hill East
Open Sat. 12-3 p.m. — Ellen Lima
The price may seem high, but this home has a “basement legal 1 BR rental unit” as well as a studio unit above the detached garage (rental status unknown) for offsetting your mortgage.
This weekend the district has events for all walks of life. Whether attending the DC Beer Festival at Nats Park or the National Cannabis Festival at RFK Stadium, you’ll need a palette cleanser once you sober up, whether it’s later on Saturday or the following morning. So check out some of our suggested open houses below and to see the entire DC Open House List, click here.
- 220 Gallatin Street NW — $615,000 — Petworth
Open Sat. & Sun. 1-4 p.m.– Ed Carp
“Tastefully & gently update, but full of classic charms.”
- 2724 12th Street NE #9 — $564,900 — Brookland
Open Sat. & Sun. 1-3 p.m.– Patrick Morris
A modern 2 bed/2.5 bath on 2 levels & includes a parking space.
- 514 D Street SE — $1,250,000 — Capitol Hill
Open Sun. 1-4 p.m.– Michelle Buckman
Four bedroom row home with a bright, updated kitchen.
- 45 Sutton Square SW #402 — $735,000 — Southwest Waterfront
Open Sat. & Sun. 12-3 p.m.– Gerard Muskus
Ooooh those views.
- 3310 Dent Place NW — $1,649,900 — Georgetown
Open Sun. 1-4 p.m. — Samuel Davis
Bland on the outside, classic on the inside.
We all know the weather is supposed to be amazing this weekend.
Throw on your shades, maybe have one (or several) too many brunch mimosas and check out some of our suggested open houses going on across the district. To see the entire DC Open House List click here.
- 1301 20th Street NW #416 — $280,000 — Dupont Circle
Open Sun. 2-4PM — Gene Sung
Bright studio in The Lauren, a boutique condo building just a block from the circle.
- 432 Evarts Street NE #4 — $389,000 — Brookland
Open Sat. & Sun. 2-4PM — Craig McCullough
“Beautiful 2-year-old condo located on the edge of Brookland and Eckington.”
- 5125 3rd Street NW — $735,000 — Petworth
Open Fri. 5-7PM, Sat. & Sun. 1-3PM — Matthew Similuk
If you act quick, maybe they’ll throw in that WMATA Metro Map shower curtain.
- 1311 Delaware Avenue SW #S741 — $235,000 — Southwest Waterfront
Open Sat. 12-2PM & Sun. 1-3PM — Peter Paglio
“Unbeatable location in sought after SW DC!”
- 1907 11th Street NW #1 — $674,500 — U Street
Open Sun. 1-3PM — Jessica Evans
It may technically be a condo, but this home feels much more like a townhouse, except with no stairs.