4130 Georgia Avenue, NW
Fox McCloud reports:
“I just learned from the clerk that Fido & kitty’s world closing for good 3/15?!!!! Nooooooooooooo!!!!”
Fido & kitty’s opened back in 2013.
625 H Street, NE courtesy Buredo
And so it is written.
All incidents occurred between 3PM and 7PM.
1. One day, when I attempted to disembark the train at Petworth Metro Station, a group of about 30+ loud and super rowdy teenagers rushed the metro car door and would not let anyone get out of the train. I felt that my safety was at stake, so I pushed my way through the crowd in order to get off the train and exit the platform. Someone in the crowd punched me in the arm. When I got to the platform exit gate, I asked the station manager to call the police. While waiting on the police to arrive, five other passengers arrived separately and asked to call the police. It appeared that the entire Petworth metro station was being overrun by a hundred or so out-of-control high school age teenagers. In the 15 minutes that I was at the manager office waiting on the police, at least 30 of the teenagers (without displaying any type of credential) defiantly walked past the station manager and through the emergency exit gate.
2. On a Saturday afternoon (more…)
If you have any animal/pet photos you’d like to share please send an email to princeofpetworth(at)gmail(dot)com with ‘Animal Fix’ in the title and say the name of your pet and your neighborhood. If you love the animal fix and want to ensure PoPville’s long term viability please consider donating to our Patreon page here. Every little bit helps. Thank you. Though I should really be paying you for sending in your pets that brighten my day, every day – thanks for that too!!
“Here are Buns, Jules, and Safa of Brookland having a snuggle.”
“This is Kingsley from Arlington! She celebrated her first birthday on January 21!”
Photo by PoPville flickr user Nathan Castellanos
A reader reports Monday night:
“I’ve witnessed two very violent altercations between cyclists and drivers over the course of 1.5 years in DC – in the 1st one, the driver turned his car across two lanes of traffic and pulled a metal baseball bat out of his trunk against a cyclist he had knocked over.
Feb. 19th: I watched a convo between a cyclist in a bike lane on G St and 13th and a driver escalate to him pulling the cyclist off his bike, and beating him up. Thankfully the cyclist had pepper spray, since my screaming at the driver to stop didn’t do anything.
Moral of the story is road rage is real (especially against cyclists), wear a helmet, make sure your photos of license plates are clear, don’t be afraid to use a u-lock in self defense, and maybe carry pepper spray.”
This rental is located at 9th and N Street, NW. The Craigslist ad says:
“$1899 / 479ft2 – BRIGHT JUNIOR ONE BEDROOM WITH BALCONY AND FREE RENT!
FREE MONTH WITH a MARCH 1ST or sooner MOVE-IN DATE and a 14 month lease!
The Colonel is located in Shaw, known for being one of the hottest neighborhoods, with art galleries, top restaurants, great local bars, and more, the Colonel offers luxury apartments, thoughtfully designed, with elegant finishes and modern amenities.
1 Bedroom Apartment 1 Bath Apartment
479 Sq Ft
Available for Move In: IMMEDIATE
No Security Deposit (with approved application)
Apartment Features: (more…)
via google maps
Last evening my husband was walking our dog at 5:45pm right past the gas station at 14th & W Streets NW. Two women with short hair were walking a large black dog with some brindle coloring. They let their dog off of its leash and it charged my husband and our dog (a corgi). It immediately went for our dog’s throat and while my husband was able to tackle it off of our dog he broke his finger and sustained a bite. He’s on his way to the ER and the finger injury will obviously impact his work. He was in such a panic over whether or not our dog was hurt (she is relatively okay) and in pain himself that he didn’t get their information before they fled. He says there were lots of witnesses because of the time of day and nice weather. If anyone has a picture or video, we would love to obtain it so this doesn’t happen to others. Thanks.”
Ed. Note: If there are any witnesses please email [email protected] and I’ll put you in touch with OP.
Photo by PoPville flickr user Elliot Mitchell
I had an odd experience on Saturday night. After an Uber ride from hell (I will leave that there), my partner and I ended up walking home up Connecticut Avenue to Dupont Circle. At the corner of Conn. and RI, we saw a couple of young men asking for money to light candles at St Matthew’s, just up the street. We thought nothing of it. A block further and we were confronted with another group of young men asking for money to light candles at the cathedral. And half a block further we were accosted by yet a THIRD group of young men asking for money to light candles.
Is this a new thing? Is the Cardinal telling his parishioners to go out an solicit people on the street for money for candles? Or is this a scam of some sort? All these guys looked like clean cut suburbanites but what they were asking for was very bizarre, especially at 10:30 on a Saturday night.”
Real Estate Fresh Finds is a weekly selection of newly-listed properties in the District, brought to you by Real Living At Home.
With 150+ homes hitting the market in the past week, one thing is clear–the DC market is hot and it’s only February. Check out some of our Fresh Finds below to jump on one of these properties before it’s too late:
- At $3.9mil, The Most Expensive Home of the Week is “6,000 sq.ft. of modern Kalorama luxury. Formerly the #4 Airbnb in the world,” including 2 koi ponds, an indoor stream and waterfall as well as a heated saltwater pool.
- An incredible detached single-family home renovation in Brookland includes 5 bedrooms, 4 levels, full lower level inlaw suite and the perfect rear deck for summertime.
- This 1-bedroom condo in Petworth might be a good deal, but it’s one you’ll have to see in person since this is also the Worst (and blurriest) Photos of the Week.
- Wesley Heights 2-bedroom/2.5 bathroom end-unit townhouse in “one of the most desirable neighborhoods in DC.”
- Your REO Property of the Week is a surprisingly new-looking 3-bedroom row house in Pleasant Plains.
This house is located at 8177 Beach Drive, NW. The Bright MLS listing says:
“Beautifully updated contemporary in Colonial Village. Must see kitchen,w/granite, red birch cabinets, upgraded appliances. 14 ft. living room ceiling. 3 fireplaces, Cathedral ceilings, Master bath w/jetted tub. Hardwood floors, Study/office, Lots of storage, Huge 40 x 30 enclosed rear porch. Large in-ground pool. 2 car garage. Private setting across from Rock Creek. Don’t miss this special home.”
You can see more photos here.
This 5 bed/3 bath is going for $1,295,000.