This rental is located at 3437 Oakwood Terrace, NW. The Craigslist ad says:
“$4995 / 4br – Gorgeous locale features fireplace and chandelier
• Gorgeous semi-detached end rowhome on lovely leafy Mount Pleasant neighborhood, with old time architecture, low-key restaurants and shops. (more…)
This rental is located at 16th and Park Road, NW. The Craigslist ad says:
“$1995 / 695ft2 – RENOVATED Large 1BR with BALCONY avail now! SEPTEMBER RENT FREE
Available early September, Renovated 695 sf 1BR with balcony renting for $1995/mo plus the electric. Features amazing sunsets from the balcony, updated kitchen with dishwasher, and lots of closet space! SEPTEMBER RENT FREE (more…)
This unit is located at 3220 17th Street, NW. The MRIS listing says:
“**OFFERS DUE 9/19 NOON**. Hrwd flrs, LR & DR, gas fireplace living room, master with bath ensuite and double closets, gorgeous bay window in second bedroom, tumbled marble second bath, cherry cabinets, stainless steel appliances, gas range, LIGHT! 10 windows, living room gas firplace, roof deck pets ok , low fee, secure entry, The Argyle Market at street lvl, 1st open 9/17 1-4.”
You can see more photos here.
This 2 bed/2 bath is going for $579,000 ($320 monthly fee.)
Thanks to Anne for sending over the weekend:
“Why #ilovemtpleasant – band playing on MtP St in the repair garage carport!”
This rental is located at 3201 Adams Mill Road, NW. The Craigslist ad says:
“$1950 / 1br – 750ft2 – Modern & Clean Basement Apartment in Historic Mt. Pleasant
Renovated one bedroom English basement apartment available NOW. Private entrance – located in a corner row home in Mt. Pleasant, steps away from the Zoo and Rock Creek Park trails. On the H4 bus line connecting between Columbia Heights Metro and Cleveland Park Metro stops. Also walking distance to Adams Morgan. Un-zoned street parking plentiful. Washer and Dryer inside unit as well as a full bathroom with tub. Open-concept kitchen with beautiful Carrera marble counter tops and stainless steel appliances. Built in office area & lots of closet/storage space too! (more…)
This house is located at 1702 Lamont Street, NW. The MRIS listing says:
“Thoughtful renovation of historic 1909 home filled with original architectural details. Period mantles in living and dining room featuring stately pocket door. Quartz island kitchen opens to 3 levels of outdoor space. Large master BRs on 2nd and 3rd floor. All new plumbing, electrical, HVAC, kitchen and baths. Enjoy a quiet oasis in the heart of the city!”
You can see more photos here.
This 5 bed/3.5 bath is going for $1,295,000.
Photo by Jefferson Morley
“First pop up in Mount Pleasant? 1700 block of Kenyon St. The pop up is not visible from Kenyon Street, so the design Nazis, I mean, historic preservationists, cannot complain.”
In fairness, Mount Pleasant is a historic district. So maybe this is the solution?
This rental is located at 1724 Park Road NW. The Craigslist ad says:
“$2895 / 2br – Exquisite spacious locale features generous layout plus hardwood floor
• Incredible Mount Pleasant location nestled on the corner of Park and Mt Pleasant Street, a quaint residential block, easy walk to Columbia Heights, Rock Creek Park and Cleveland Park
• Wonderful access to all of DC, shopping, grocery including BestWorld Supermarket around the corner, restaurants and cafes. DC classic Heller Bakery 3 blocks away.
• Columbia Heights Metro Station (green/yellow) sits just 3/4 of a mile away on 14th street for excellent access.
• In gorgeous Mount Pleasant home with 4 units, however this is the only unit in the home with its own private entrance from the parking pad
• Complete with a restored three-color facade aimed at mimicking how the exterior looked a century ago, this ground level condo will not disappoint.
• Enjoy the 4 kilowatt solar panel system on the roof aimed at reducing unit electricity bills by 30 to 50 percent!
• Quaint 300 square-foot communal rooftop deck with a 30 square-foot vegetable garden for tenant enjoyment.
• Home features a quaint front porch and picturesque setting in Mount Pleasant!
INTERIOR HIGHLIGHTS (more…)
“Spotted in an alleyway between Park Rd and Lamont St NW, in Mount Pleasant, 8/21. Very surprising, disturbing to see.”
Perhaps the intention is the earlier meanings:
“it has been and remains a sacred symbol of spiritual principles in Buddhism, Hinduism, and Jainism. In the Western world, it was historically a symbol of auspiciousness and good luck”
On Thursday morning (the 17th) at about 8:40am I was on my bike in Mount Pleasant on Irving Street just before (west of) 16th Street when I was hit by a car. It was a silver late-model smallish Ford, like an Escort or Focus, with Maryland plates. I actually was dragged about 15 feet before he sped off down 16th. Luckily I escaped with just a fractured collarbone and a bunch of scrapes to my leg and helmet… my bike didn’t fare as well.
Did anybody see this? I stupidly left the scene running to try and get his plate number (you can do anything on adrenalin). I should have just stayed there and talked to witnesses. If you saw this, please get in contact with me! I’ve filed a police report, but they don’t have much to go on at this point.