This battle is starting to get bloody.
From a press release:
“NoMa just got even more bike-friendly, with new air pumps and a free public repair station installed in the neighborhood. To serve cycling traffic from the Metropolitan Branch Trail and the beautiful new cycle track on First Street, NE, the NoMa BID has installed a bright orange FIXIT station, an outdoor, tamper-resistant repair station that includes all the tools necessary to perform basic repairs and maintenance, from changing a flat to adjusting brakes and derailleurs. The tools and air pump are securely attached to the stand with stainless steel cables and tamper-proof fasteners. Hanging the bike from the hanger arms allows the pedals and wheels to spin freely while making adjustments. The FIXIT station is located right off the Metropolitan Branch Trail ramp on M Street, NE, under the underpass and across from the M Street entrance to the NoMa/Gallaudet U Metro station.
In addition, the NoMa BID has installed five new, tamper-resistant, bright orange bike air pumps throughout the neighborhood at the following locations:
· First and M Streets, NE, northwest corner of the intersection
· M Street, NE, right off the Met Branch Trail ramp next to the new Fixit Station
· Third and L Streets, NE, southeast corner of the intersection
· On First Street, NE, just south of K Street, NE, adjacent to the Burnham Wall
· On North Capitol at H Street, NE, adjacent to the University of the District of Columbia (more…)