“Are these ever going back up? NJ Ave and Warner NW.”
Some discussion followed and I’m curious what folks think here – do these signs actually work? Personally when I would cross at New Hampshire with these signs, every single time I felt like there was a significant possibility of getting killed. Do they give a false sense of safety? What can be done to improve their usefulness or do you think they should be scrapped altogether for something else.
This unit is located at 1111 23rd Street, Northwest. The listing says:
“NEW LISTING! Stunning Ritz penthouse gorgeously and extensively renovated from a 5BR to 3BR with an extraordinary mahogany library and climate-controlled wine cellar. Features an upper level solarium with a large rooftop terrace, 3 add’l terraces (totaling 2,200sf), and 3 reserved parking spaces. Building features 24-hr concierge, doormen, and valet. Truly a remarkable property.”
“Detectives from the Criminal Investigations Division are investigating a series of potentially linked Armed Robberies that occurred in the early morning hours of Tuesday July 28, 2015. The incidents are as follows:
· 12:15 am at Quesada Street and Western Avenue, NW, two suspects robbed a victim at gun point of his property.
· 12:45 am in the 5400 block of Connecticut Avenue, NW, a single suspect robbed a victim at gun point of her property.
· 1:00 am in the 3500 block of Albermarle Street, NW, two suspects robbed a victim at gun point of his property.
· *1:45 am in the 4200 block of Arkansas Avenue, NW, three suspects robbed two male victims at gunpoint of their property.*
· 2:43 am in the 1200 block of G Street, NE, two suspects robbed a victim at gun point of his property.
· 2:45 am in the 800 block of 11th Street, NE, two suspects robbed a victim at gun point of his property.
In all the cases the suspect(s) are described as:
· Suspect one: black Male approximately 20-25 years old tan or brown safari or fisherman type hat armed with a handgun.
· Suspect two: black Male approximately 20-25 years old wearing a white T shirt or tank top armed with a handgun.
· A vehicle that may have been used is described as a gold or tan older model passenger car.
· *The third suspect in the Arkansas Avenue case is described as a black male in his 20s wearing a white t-shirt and blue jeans.*
Anyone who has information regarding this case should call police at 202-727-9099. Additionally, information may be submitted to the TEXT TIP LINE by text messaging 50411. The Metropolitan Police Department currently offers a reward of up to $10,000 to anyone who provides information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for a robbery committed in the District of Columbia.”
On my bike ride into work today, I smelled one of the most foul odors ever. It covered blocks and blocks (all near the new Apollo construction site). Just curious if anyone else has contacted you about it. It smelled like super concentrated sewage.”
“Our friend, nightlife guy, and one of the co-owners of Costa Brava in Bloomingdale Doug Brown passed away over the weekend. On Saturday from 5pm – 10pm and on Sunday from 12pm – 5pm Costa Brava in Bloomingdale is doing a memorial for him and donating all the proceeds to the Brown Family. I think there’s a lot of people that liked him and would want to stop by.”
You can talk about whatever is on your mind – quality of life issues, a beautiful tree you spotted, scuttlebutt, or any random questions/thoughts you may have. But please no personal attacks and no need to correct people’s grammar. This is a place to vent and/or celebrate things about daily life in DC.