From an email:
“The U Street Neighborhood Association’s Education Committee invites you to attend the final screening of the 2011 U Street Movie Series with Waiting for Superman on Saturday, October 22, 2011 from 12:00 pm to 3:30 pm at the Shaw @ Garnet-Patterson Jr. High School, 2001 10th Street, NW.
The screening of the movie will be followed by an engaging panel discussion about the education of the District’s children, a pressing community issue. Doors open at 12:00 pm (12:15-2:00 pm screening; 2:15-3:30 pm panel conversation). A networking reception at Duffy’s Irish Pub and Restaurant, 2106 Vermont Avenue, will begin immediately after the conclusion of the panel discussion.
The panel discussion will be moderated by Jackie Gran and Education policy expert, and neighborhood resident. Confirmed panelists include:
- Jason Kamras: DCPS Chief of Human Capital, featured in the film, and neighborhood resident.
- Evelyn Boyd Simmons: ANC 2F Education Committee Chair, and parent of two Garrison Elementary students.
- Reuben Jacobson: Senior Associate for Research & Strategy for the Coalition for Community Schools, former DC Teaching Fellow, and DCPS parent.
- Patrick Mara: Ward 1 DC State Board of Education Representative.
- Robinette Breedlove: Principal, Meridian Charter School.
- Kerry Sylvia: Teacher, Cardozo High School.
- Ann McLeod: Garrison Elementary PTA President, and parent.
There is a suggested $5 cash donation at the door.”