The real deal with how long you can keep a POD storage container on the street?

Home Forums Home and Garden The real deal with how long you can keep a POD storage container on the street?

Topic: The real deal with how long you can keep a POD storage container on the street?

Home and Garden December 17, 2015 at 12:35 pm

The real deal with how long you can keep a POD storage container on the street?

The DC TOPS website states:

The maximum time allowed for a moving container to remain in public space is 5 days…

But I’m sure I’ve seen PODS on the street in Petworth for much longer. There are a couple on 9th & Gallatin NW that have been there for over a week, for instance.

Just wondering if anyone has any first-hand knowledge/experience to pass along on this?

We’re renovating and moving a ton of stuff into a POD. I don’t want to keep the POD out there for months, but more than 5 days (10-14?) would certainly be helpful, and so I’m just gauging my risk / options here.

Minor personal detail: Our POD will actually be off the street, behind our house, but this is still considered public land by DC. I’m hoping this might also give us a few more days of wiggle room, but again, anyone that has personal experience to share, please chime in!

Thanks in advance!

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or