Hell yes it does, hell yes. Thanks to Meg for sending “August 1st, G st and 7th SE.”
“My wife and I visited Gettysburg battlefield this last weekend. Just past the doors to the visitors’ center, they have the display in the attached picture. The display is there to encourage people to donate based upon where they are from in the US. You probably notice that there are just 50 slots. It seems as though the Park Service chooses to ignore the 600K potential donors that live only an hour and a half from the park. Seriously, had I know this was there, I would have brought a container with a slot with DC written on it and left it on top.”
Ed. Note: In fairness this seems like the “Friends of Gettysburg” so not the National Parks Service fault for the omission.
You win some, you lose some – but hopefully you make three new best friends in the process cheers ladies don't fuck with us pic.twitter.com/lxQ3f6Km2P
— Lisette Pylant (@LisettePylant) August 8, 2017
You really just gotta read the insanity that is dating in Washington, DC – August 7, 2017.
The spectacular full Twitter thread as recounted by Lisette Pylant:
Thread alert: so I go on what I think might be a date with a guy my friends set me up on on my birthday (yes it's a bit hazy).
— Lisette Pylant (@LisettePylant) August 7, 2017
Photo by PoPville flickr user Eric P.
Awesome catch and caption from Eric:
“Shaw is so cool you have to pay for parking with with vinyl instead of plastic.”
The fight continues. Thanks to dc_trex for sharing.
We are living in extraordinary times, there is no doubt of that.
Thanks to Daryle for sending on Sunday: “S Street taking inspiration from Q Street Barbies. Ken Fashionistas at Sunday Tea.”
Photo by PoPville flickr user Erin
Photo by @allixbradecamp used with permission
Chase updates on the Georgetown security robot who seemingly plunged to his death last week:
“The Georgetown robot is back, alert the media”
13. You remember when the soul on 14th didn’t come from the cycle.
12. Your license plate is all numbers or at the very least the A series.
11. You miss ____________.
10. The street parking spot in front of your house is most definitely yours and God help the bastard who parks there.
9. You remember when Metro was the shining jewel of WMATA. Seriously.
8. You remember when most folks said hello/acknowledged one another when passing in the street.
7. You have pride.
6. You knew exactly where to tell the cab to stop before you got charged another zone.
5. You know the difference between gunshots and fireworks as well as a police helicopter and a medical helicopter.
4. You remember when the biking community was represented not by erudite urban planners but by
drunken stoned colorful bike messengers.
3. You remember the origami magic folks mastered in order to read the newspaper on metro without bothering their seatmate.
2. You remember when the mayor for life was mayor.
1. You can still feel RFK shaking.