Photo by PoPville flickr user Matt.Dunn
From a press release:
“On Saturday May 12, 2012, Howard University will host its 144th Commencement Convocation ceremony at 10:00am on the upper quadrangle of the Main Campus of the university.
Vehicle and pedestrian traffic are expected to increase in volume beginning on Thursday May 10, 2012, due to the many visitors expected, and individual colleges and schools hosting separate graduation ceremonies at different facilities on the main campus as well.
The following streets are expected to see an increase in traffic (vehicles and pedestrians) from 9:00am Thursday May 10, 2012, through 7:00pm Saturday May 12, 2012″
Full list after the jump.
1. 2000 Block – 2700 Block of Georgia Avenue NW, from Florida Avenue NW to Harvard Street NW
2. Barry Place NW from Sherman Avenue to Georgia Avenue NW
3. 2200 – 2300 Blocks of 6th Street NW
4. 600 – 400 Blocks of Bryant Street NW from Georgia Avenue to 4th Street NW
5. 600 – 400 Blocks of “W” Street NW from 4th Street to Georgia Avenue NW
6. 500 – 400 Blocks of College Street NW from 6th Street NW to 4th Street NW
7. 500 – 600 Blocks of Gresham Place NW from 5th Street NW to Georgia Avenue NW
Additionally the following streets will be CLOSED and restricted to “authorized vehicles” only as follows:
1. 600 Block of Howard Place NW (Thursday thru Saturday)
2. 2400-2700 Block of 6th Street NW (Thursday thru Saturday)
3. 600 Block of Fairmont Street NW (Thursday thru Saturday)
4. 600 Block of Girard Street NW (Thursday thru Saturday)
5. 400-600 Block of College Street NW (Saturday Only)