“How to report traffic violations to DDOT?”

by Prince Of Petworth May 11, 2017 at 2:45 pm 20 Comments

one way
Photo by PoPville flickr user Erin

“Dear PoPville,

I live on a one-way block of 4th street NW (between M and N). It’s surrounded by a few very busy streets (New York Ave and New Jersey) and people very frequently cut down the street in the wrong direction at high speeds to bypass traffic. This is obviously super dangerous, and frustrating (we recently bought a house here and primary motivation was the relatively quiet, traffic-free street). We have seen many near misses where pedestrians don’t think to check for traffic coming in the wrong direction. Is there a way to submit a complaint to DDOT or to ask for additional enforcement of traffic laws?”


Subscribe to our mailing list