Washington, DC

“Dear PoPville,

I live in Capitol Hill now and am looking at purchasing a home near the Congressional Cemetery. The problem is there are structural issues with the enclosed sleeping porch. I had a structural engineer there this morning. He said both the joists could be weak and the brick pillars holding up the structure might be settling. I was wondering if your readers have dealt with a similar issue? How they handled it? And if they hired contractors to fix it, are there any they’d recommend?”

I’d also be curious about cost?


Subscribe to our mailing list