Email signup

Dear PoP – Abandoned House Problems

“Dear PoP,

I live in a row house in the Bloomingdale neighborhood. Last fall the house behind ours (across the alley) burned and has been vacant ever since. Aside from some people coming and tearing out what remained of the inside and boarding up the windows there has been no other activity on the property. Recently people have started dumping other garbage and unwanted items on top of the pile of crap that was already in the back yard. Is there anything I can do, any agency I should report this to other than the police who can put a stop to this activity and clean up all the garbage?

You can see the boarded up house, some black trash bags starting to spill out into the alley, along with a table top, and a couch or something. Is there anything I can do about this to prevent it from getting any worse?”

You should def. also report this to DCRA. You can contact them here and they are also available on twitter @DCRA.

Has anyone else been in a similar situation? Who did you contact? Is it worthwhile to contact your Council Member’s office?

Recent Stories

photo by Pablo Raw “Dear PoPville, Am hosting a Moroccan friend from out of town who would love to find a bar on Saturday AM to watch the world cup…

Thanks to Stef for sending from the Florida Ave Whole Foods: “Waterloo sparkling water. They normally have them stacked by flavor but this is way more fun.”

December is a time of great joy with holiday activities and decorations but it is also a time of great sadness as we look back on all the businesses that…

514 Rhode Island Avenue, NE (formerly Forman Mills) Last week we learned that: “Indoor Pickleball Courts (and bar) coming to Edgewood.” The liquor license placard for Kraken Kourts says:

FeeldWorld DC

Imagine being in a room with other interesting, like-minded humans and feeling confident and encouraged to share who you really are and what you really want? Where no desire or interest is too unusual, and you spend the evening building

Annual Holiday Concert and Sing Along

It’s the most wonderful time of the year! Come celebrate the holiday season with Capital City Symphony and Potomac Fever, a close-knit harmony a cappella group made up of members of the Gay Men’s Chorus of Washington, DC. Grab your


Subscribe to our mailing list