14th and L Street, NW photo by Joshua Collier “checkpoint at 14TH and L St NW this morning. Every car is getting stopped and questioned.”
Stefanie (and others) report this morning: “Downtown DC really locked up (assuming for Inauguration prep etc) – can’t go south of Gallery Place from at least 6th as far west as I can tell. I had a heck of a time getting to 395 this morning.”
8th and F Street, NW photo by Mark Lyon
From Alert DC:
“MPD reports the following road closures are in effect until further notice due to preparation for the 59th Presidential Inauguration.
• Independence Avenue between Washington Avenue, SW, and Second Street, SE.
• Constitution Avenue between First Street, NW, and Second Street, NE.
• East Capitol Street between First and Second Streets.
• 18th Street at Constitution Avenue, NW
• 17th Street at Independence Avenue, SW
• 11th Street at Independence Avenue, SW
• 12th Street at Independence Avenue, SW
• 7th Street at Madison Drive, NW
• 7th Street at Jefferson Drive, SW
The road closures are subject to change on the surrounding streets around the White House, the National Mall and the US Capitol – to include parts of Downtown DC.”
Photo of Penn Quarter by Ursula Fox-Koor
DC Metro buses stacked up facing north on 16th street between O and Q streets. Drivers say they can no longer access stops farther south closer to White House (16th and M). @PoPville pic.twitter.com/TOMFPhWzTx
— Dean Scott (@deantscott) January 13, 2021
— PoPville (@PoPville) January 12, 2021
Photo by Maria de los Angeles
Photo by Kate “Concrete barriers on both sides of K street at 16th and on cross streets as far as I can see.”
Photo by Kate