Photo by Phil Yabut
Thanks to all who shared word of the 7pm curfew tonight and tomorrow night from the Mayor’s press conference:
“The curfew runs from 7 PM to 6 AM both nights.
There are several exemptions from the curfew:
* Anyone voting or participating in tomorrow’s election activities (e.g., poll workers & volunteers);
* Essential workers when engaged in essential functions; &
* Anyone traveling to a hospital/urgent care.”
From a press release
“Today, Mayor Muriel Bowser ordered a citywide curfew for the District of Columbia during the following times:
· Monday, June 1, beginning at 7:00 p.m. and ending at 6:00 a.m. on Tuesday, June 2;
· Tuesday, June 2, beginning at 7:00 p.m. and ending at 6:00 a.m. on Wednesday, June 3.
During the hours of the curfew, no person, other than persons designated by the Mayor, shall walk, bike, run, loiter, stand, or motor by car or other mode of transport upon any street, alley, park, or other public place within the District.
The curfew imposed by the Mayor’s Order shall not apply to:
· Essential workers, including healthcare personnel and working media with their outlet-issued credentials, when engaged in essential functions, including travel to and from their essential work; and
· Individuals who are voting and participating in election activities, including poll workers, volunteers, and individuals exercising their right to vote.”