Support PoP!

“Should we be looking for a structural engineer? A home inspector?”

Photo by PoPville flickr user Eric P.

“Dear PoPville,

I am the association president of a small condo building in DC. Our condo building is new construction, and the first unit was purchased in March 2017. I’ve heard that we should get a professional study done before the two-year warranty period is over to see if there are any structural defects that the developer should be responsible for repairing – but I am having trouble finding information on companies that perform these studies.

Any recommendations? Should we be looking for a structural engineer? A home inspector? Any and all advice appreciated!”

Recent Stories

From a press release: “The country’s leading Asian American nonprofits announced today the first-ever Unity March to take place on June 25, 2022, at the National Mall in Washington, D.C….

Thanks to John for sending: “First harvest from roof pots in Adams Morgan. A crookneck squash, a jalapeño, two poblano peppers and a bunch of pepperoncinis.” Please send your great…

photo by Eric Sidle “Dear PoPville, Tuesday I was walking my older dog near Logan Circle and met a guy walking his older Pitbull (with a very cool name) home…

Pinkie, Cathedral Heights “Pinkie is a very sweet 9 y/o companion cat that has been used to being around her person at all times. Sadly, Pinkie’s mom passed away and…


Subscribe to our mailing list