Florida Ave between 8th and 9th Street, NW
From a press release:
“JBG SMITH (NYSE:JBGS), a leading owner and developer of high-quality, mixed-use properties in the Washington, DC market, announces that a new collection of local retailers will be joining The Shay in Shaw. Located at the corners of 8th and Florida/U Streets NW, JBG SMITH first brought an eclectic and celebrated mix of retail and dining options to the neighborhood in 2015. Since then, a new enclave of DC-based options is slated to join the project.
New Retailers include:
· Tabletop Korean BBQ Concept from Daniel Kramer of Duke’s Grocery and Counter. This will be the first tabletop Korean barbecue in Washington, DC.
Projected Opening, Q1 2019.
· The Shop Salon – A Bethesda-based hair salon seeking to expand upon the standard beauty experience, offering incredible service from a creative staff, in a comfortable and welcoming environment.
Projected Opening, Q2 2018.
· Nicecream – An ice cream shop boasting handcrafted ice cream, using fresh, local ingredients and a liquid nitrogen technique, offering guests the freshest ice cream possible. Nicecream has two locations–Arlington and Old Town Alexandria–and will be opening two additional locations in Adams Morgan and The Shay.
Projected Opening, Q3 2018.
· Violet – A boutique encouraging women to celebrate the continual discovery–and rediscovery–of personal style. In 2017, Violet was voted Best Women’s Clothing Boutique by both the Washington City Paper and Washington Post Express Readers’ Choice polls. Violet first took residency as a pop-up at The Shay during the 2017 Holiday season and is now open in their permanent space.
Located between 8th and 9th Streets on Florida Avenue | 202.621.9225
· Turning Natural – A juice bar offering cold-pressed juices and healthy, vegan food choices. By mid-2018, Turning Natural will have five, DC-area locations: Anacostia, Capitol Hill, District Heights, MGM National Harbor, and The Shay.
Projected Opening, Q2 2018.
These new retailers join a lineup of neighborhood favorites including Compass Coffee, Warby Parker and Bonobos. In addition, approximately 20,000 SF of street retail can be found a block away at JBG SMITH’s Atlantic Plumbing development, anchored by Landmark Theatre and popular restaurants, Hazel, Declaration, Haikan and Tasty Burger.
“We are excited to bring a new collection of proven, local brands to The Shay”, stated Jay Klug, Executive Vice President at JBG SMITH. “Our new additions at The Shay confirm the strength, diversity and depth of the Shaw market. We look forward to bringing new food, fashion and service that complement the neighborhood and have remained proven categories at The Shay.”
The Shaw market continues to attract new development and retail opportunities. In May 2015 JBG SMITH announced Whole Foods Market will be opening in the neighborhood alongside approximately 700 new residential units at two multi-family projects currently under construction, 901W and The Wren.”