701 Pennsylvania Ave, NW
From a press release:
“WHAT: Chef José Andrés and various Washington, DC-area restaurants are banding together through an initiative Andrés has dubbed #FoodForOurLives (http://www.FoodForOurLives.com), offering free meals and discounted offerings for any student under the age of 18 with a valid ID, while supplies last. #FoodForOurLives proudly stands with the students who have come to make their voices heard against gun violence.
- ThinkFoodLab – 701 Pennsylvania Ave NW, DC
- The Pig – 1320 14th St NW, DC
- The Bird – 1337 11th St NW, DC
Students under the age of 18 with a valid ID will be eligible to receive a 50% discount on their meals from 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. at the following locations:
- Beefsteak: Foggy Bottom/GWU (800 22nd St NW, DC); Dupont Circle (1528 Connecticut Ave NW, DC); Tenleytown (4531 Wisconsin Ave NW, DC)
- Shake Shack: Dupont Circle (1216 18th St NW, DC); F Street (800 F St NW, DC); Union Station (50 Massachusetts Ave NE, DC); Logan Circle (1400 14th St NW, DC); Navy Yard (54 M St SE, DC); The Wharf (975 Wharf Street SW, DC); Tysons Corner Center (7924 Tysons Corner Center, McLean VA); Pentagon City (1100 S Hayes St, Arlington VA); Inner Harbor (400 E Pratt St, Baltimore MD); MGM National Harbor (101 MGM National Ave, Oxon Hill MD); Columbia Mall (10300 Little Patuxent Pkwy, Columbia MD)
- Sweetgreen: City Vista (1065 5th St NW, DC); Foggy Bottom (2221 I St NW, DC); The Yards (1212 4th St SE, DC); Capitol Hill (221 Pennsylvania Ave SE, DC); Glover Park (2200 Wisconsin Ave NW, DC); Georgetown (1044 Wisconsin Ave NW, DC); Dupont Circle (1512 Connecticut Ave NW, DC); Logan Circle (1471 P St NW, DC); 14th St (1325 W St NW, DC); West End (2238 M St NW, DC)
WHO: #FoodForOurLives is supported by ThinkFoodGroup, &pizza, Eat Well DC, Sugar Shack Donuts, Shake Shack, and Sweetgreen.
WHEN & WHERE: SATURDAY, MARCH 24 #FoodForOurLives free meals and discounts available throughout the day at multiple locations, while supplies last.
Also, students can participate in March For Our Lives Poster Making in advance of the march on Friday, March 23, 3:00pm – 5:30pm taking place at Shake Shack Union Station (50 Massachusetts Avenue NE, DC). The team will offer a *free ShackBurger to participants of all ages.”
From an email: “Get beautiful holiday trees, wreaths, and more while supporting bilingual education at the Oyster-Adams Bilingual School annual Holiday Tree Sale!
Thanks to Megan for sending for sending this unusual ride. I’m also keen on that nice looking little free library in the background! Sweet City Ride is made possible by…
3917 Georgia Ave, NW Yo! Snappy’s is nearly here and my goodness the space looks amazing. Thanks to the folks from Snappy’s for sending us the good word about the…
If you have any animal/pet photos you’d like to share please send an email to princeofpetworth(at)gmail(dot)com with ‘Animal Fix’ in the title and say the name of your pet and…
You are cordially invited to the Embassy of Austria for a thrilling evening with Mozart. What a better way to spend Christmas and Hannukah! Our full orchestra and lead singers, some of whom sing at the Met, will appeal to teens as they begin their journey to the classics! We expect to be sold out soon…..
Get your tickets now!
Under the Gracious Patronage of H.E. Petra Schneebauer, Ambassador of Austria
Julien Benichou, Conductor
Kevin Short as Figaro
Manna K. Jones as Susanna
Stephen Powell as Count Almaviva
Laquita Mitchell as Contessa
Anna Kelly as Cherubino
Maggie Polglaze as Barbarina
John Gibney as Bartolo
Leah Heater as Marcellina
Christopher Jon Hartung as Antonio & Don Curzio
Narration provided by Robin Phillips
Embassy of Austria
3524 International Court NW
Washington, DC 20008
Doors Open/Cocktails 6:30 pm
Performance including Intermission 7:15 pm
Wine Reception with Heavy Hors d’oeuvres 9:15 to 10:30 pm
Box Seats $250
Orchestra Reserved $150
Seniors (over 65 years old) Unreserved $80 [sold out]
Students with ID $50
Come solve a crime that took place in Takoma Park 130 years ago!
HouseMouse Books and Vintage is excited to announce the debut of Escape the Bookshop II, our new limited-run escape room experience. Escape the Bookshop II is a unique group puzzle game that is based on a real crime that took place in Takoma Park around 130 years ago. It is designed and created by HouseMouse to be played in our atmospheric little bookshop. This is not your typical corporate escape room and makes for a memorable evening out with friends or family!
Bookings are now open for game dates in January through April 2024. The game generally takes place Wednesday through Saturday at 8 PM but special arrangements can be made upon request. It is designed to be played by a group of 3 to 6 people (ages 16+) and lasts for one hour. No prior escape room experience is needed to enjoy the game.
Unlock the secret to menopause serenity at Ms. Moxie’s Moon Shop on Saturday, December 2nd, from 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM. This free event celebrates the exclusive launch of bebloom menopause gummies, a groundbreaking supplement designed for women and crafted