Photo by PoPville flickr user Joe Flood
And it is a good question – the answer from DPW:
“Due to last week’s blizzard, DPW will suspend trash collection through Wednesday, January 27th. DPW will attempt collection on Thursday, January 28 and operate on an altered schedule Thursday through the weekend. Normal trash collection is scheduled to resume on Monday, February 1.
DPW will hire private contractors to augment the work of their crews.
The full trash collection schedule is as follows:
– Monday: Service resumes next week.
– Tuesday: Service resumes next week (Twice a week routes will be addressed this Thursday or Friday).
– Wednesday: Service resumes next week.
– Thursday: Service attempts will be made.
– Friday: Service attempts will be made.
– Saturday & Sunday: Possible service attempts on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday routes.
– Monday: Regular service will resume.”