Photo by PoPville flickr user Jim Havard
“As of 5 a.m., normal Green Line service has been restored in both directions.
During the Tuesday morning commute, trains will operate as follows:
• Green Line: Regular service, every 6 minutes, between Branch Ave & Greenbelt
• Orange Line: Trains every 8 minutes between Vienna & New Carrollton
• Silver Line: Trains every 12 minutes between Wiehe-Reston East & Largo, with 8-car trains to provide additional capacity
• Blue Line: Trains every 12 minutes at Franconia-Springfield and Van Dorn Street, every 6 minutes at all other stations
• Yellow Line: Service is replaced by additional Blue Line trains running between Huntington & Largo every 12 minutes
All Metrorail stations are open.”
From the Mayor’s office last night:
“Mayor Muriel Bowser issued the following statement regarding the Metrorail fatality during this afternoon’s commute:
“We are all saddened by today’s fatality aboard the Metrorail, and our thoughts and prayers go out to the family of the passenger who passed away. I want to thank our brave first responders who assisted passengers during the evacuation and with treatment at the scene. I have been in contact with the WMATA leadership, and we will continue to keep the District’s resources available in the aftermath of the incident.”
Thanks to Laura for the reminder! October 31st is Sunday!! Speaking of which, the best Halloween decoration:
via google maps From MPD: “Alert: Shooting Investigation at 2220 hours in the 5400 block of Georgia Ave NW. No lookout at this time.” Updates when/if more is known.
1832 Columbia Road, NW The placard for Juicy King Crab says: “The Establishment will be a Restaurant offering seafood boils with dine-in and take-out services. Total Occupancy Load is 74…
Photo by C Buoscio You can talk about whatever is on your mind – quality of life issues, a beautiful tree you spotted, scuttlebutt, or any random questions/thoughts you may…