2317 Wisconsin Ave, NW
From a press release:
“Vietnamese Tet is a weeklong celebration, centered on gathering with family & friends, bringing in new luck, and paying off old debts. It is the “Feast of the First Morning of the First Day”, and the most important of any holiday.
Sprig & Sprout invites you to experience Vietnamese Tet and start your year anew with us. For our very special January Supper Club our upstairs will be transformed with glorious, some might even say gaudy and over the top, décor. Close your eyes and imagine lit lanterns of red and yellow, dancing dragons, and peach blossoms. Welcome to Sprig & Sprout during Tet.
For this 8 course Pre Fixe dinner expect traditional dishes you’ll find in every Vietnamese household. Banana leaf wrapped sticky rice cake, filled with sweet mung bean and pork, served my favorite way – pan fried! Assorted charcuterie balanced by just slightly pickled vegetables. Twice cooked crispy chicken, so laborious it’s only done once a year (kind of like thanksgiving turkey)! And, in the tradition of “Li Xi” we have good luck gifts for all our guests.
We are doing two seatings for January Tet Supper Club, and seats are anticipated to fill up very quickly. Please call the restaurant (202-333-2569), or email ([email protected]) to reserve. Credit card information will be required for reservations.
Tet Supper Club – January 13th & 20th, 2014 8 course Prix Fixe $50
• Banh Tet Chien (Traditional Tet Sticky Rice Cake filled with Sweet Mung Bean & Savory Pork all wrapped in aromatic Banana Leaf)
• Sup Mang Cua (Special occasion soup of White Asparagus & Lump Crab)
• Cha Que, Nem Chua, Gio Lua, Pate (Vietnamese Charcuterie plate)
• Xoi Vo (Sweet Mung Bean Sticky Rice)
• Ga Xoa Mo (Twice cooked crispy chicken)
• Thit Kho Trung (Braised Caramel Pork & Egg)
• Thach Café Da (Viet Coffee flavored Gelatin, with Sweet Milk)
• Mut Dua, Gung, Khoai Lanh (Candied Coconut, Ginger, Sweet Potato) – Take Home Gift”