Photo by PoPville flickr user KJinDC
“It is with great pride that the Metropolitan Police Department announces the apprehension of a dangerous felon, James Davis, on an outstanding Arrest Warrant from Prince Georges County, Maryland for the Robbery of a United States Postal Facility.
Last week, Prince Georges County Police along with Detectives from the Fourth Police District, executed a Search Warrant in the 700 block of Quebec Street, NW, in reference to an Armed Robbery which occurred in Prince Georges County, Maryland on Tuesday,
September 17, 2013. Arrested was Ricardo Beatty for Felony Possession of a handgun.
During the course of this investigation, a second suspect was developed, James Davis, who was linked to a series of Armed Robberies of business establishments within the Fourth and Fifth Police Districts as well as in Prince Georges County, Maryland.
Metropolitan Police Detectives John Hamer and Detective Jose Morales worked tirelessly following up on leads in open criminal investigations that James Davis was suspected in. These Detectives were were able to establish a direct nexus and probable cause in a number of Armed Robbery cases and charged Davis in all of those criminal investigations.
As a result, James Davis was charged in the following Armed Robberies
· August 6, 2013, Armed Robbery of the New Hampshire Pharmacy at 5001 New Hampshire Ave NW WDC – 4D
· August 8, 2013, Armed Robbery of a Post Office in Hyattsville MD
· August 9, 2013 Armed Robbery of the Newton Food Mart at 3600 12th Street NE WDC – 5D
· August 13, 2013 Armed Robbery of the Upshur Grocery at 233 Upshur St NW WDC – 4D
· September 16, 2013 Armed Robbery of the Flagler Market at 2220 Flagler Pl NW WDC – 5D
We commend both Metropolitan Police Detectives Morales and Hamer for their relentless follow up and dedication to duty in bringing closure to these complex, criminal investigations. We are actively working with prosecutors from the Unites States Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia to ensure that James Davis will face justice here in our Nations Capital.”