The reader writes:
“As you will see in the before photos, the kitchen was very outdated when we purchased the home. Lots of 1970’s appliances in scooby-doo brown and a lot of pink laminate countertop!
We found an awesome contractor that worked with us to take out the wall that separated the old galley kitchen from the dining room to create one large open room. We also closed off the “nook” part of the kitchen and turned it into a half bathroom (access is through the sunroom). We had all electric and plumbing updated throughout the house and lots of extra outlets were added.
Although, there’s actually less kitchen space now, the layout and new energy efficient appliances have made life in our DC home much more enjoyable!
Things I absolutely love about the new kitchen:
– The openness makes it easy to entertain. We can cook in the kitchen while holding a conversation with our guest in the dining room :)
– Subway tile. I love the clean look of the subway tile, especially the tiles that go all the way to the ceiling.
– Vintage style lights. They match the antique light fixtures throughout the rest of the house.
– Our island provides extra storage and is not a permanent fixture.
– Double ovens. I really didn’t think I would need two ovens, but I’m so happy my husband talked me into this. We can cook a pie and a roast at the same time!”
Ed. Note: If you have a renovation you’d be willing to share please send some before and after photos to princeofpetworth(at)gmail(dot)com.
More photos including before shots after the jump.
half bath addition
Beth reports: “North Cap service road northbound, just north of Rhode Island Ave, 10 pm Saturday night. How is this even possible on a short narrow road like this?!?“
via google maps From MPD: “Agents from the Force Investigation Team of the Metropolitan Police Department’s (MPD) Internal Affairs Bureau are investigating an MPD officer involved shooting that occurred on…
Thanks to all who messaged the sad news: photo by Joe “Rest in peace sweet Diego D’Ambrosio, I’ll be crying the rest of the day.” “A friend just posted this…
via google maps From MPD: “Alert: Shooting Investigation at 0006hrs in the 1600 block of Euclid St NW. No lookout. DO NOT TAKE ACTION CALL 911” via google maps Readers…