43°Clear

Dear PoPville – Beware of Rat Poison on T Street

by Prince Of Petworth April 22, 2013 at 11:00 am 32 Comments


View Larger Map

Dear PoPville,

Someone in the middle of the block between 14th and 15th put out open rat poison dipped in peanut butter in their backyard. These yards are only 13ft wide and already the rats have carried it beyond the drop point. Two dogs in houses on either side have been poisoned in the last week – our small dog almost fatally. It’s an anticoagulant, and can be easily treatable if caught in time. Symptoms include dry, hacking cough lack of appetite and lethargy, and unstoppable bleeding from even minor cuts or abrasions. If your dog shows any of these symptoms get them to a vet immediately. We believe the poison was left out in the back yard, so houses with pets in the middle of the blocks on T Street and Swann St NW that share the common alley should be extremely careful.

×

Subscribe to our mailing list