1320 H St, NE
Yesterday I mentioned that signage had gone up at Taylor Charles Steak & Ice (from the Taylor Gourmet guys) and that they’d be opening any day. That day is December 12th!
From an email:
Steak & Ice is set to open on December 12!
– Authentic Philadelphia Cheesesteaks
– The space is designed to give the feeling of “bringing the streets inside”. In Philadelphia, most of the legendary Cheesesteak shops are walk-up shops, outside. Steak & Ice brings the walk-up, sidewalk feel inside with its design.
– The floors resemble asphalt. Manhole covers have been installed. There are street lights, large picnic tables and original street art throughout.
– Hours: Sunday – Thursday 11am – 9pm. Friday & Saturday 11am – 3:30am.
– Carryout is available. Delivery coming soon!
“Dear PoPville, What are the best restaurants close to Union Station?”
The end-of-summer slump is definitely here with only a little over 200 open houses scheduled in the District. If you are still trying to find a home before school starts…
Looks like Red Apron has closed up shop in Union Market. It’s still listed on their website but if you try to order it says “Online Ordering Unavailable”, not to…
Thanks to Paul for sending: “Just noticed the new mural at 16th Street JCC. According to a worker there it has been up for approximately 3 months.”