Topic Tag: DCPS
When: This Weekend, Nov. 26 & 27, 9 am-5 pm, and next weekend, Dec. 3 & 4, 9am – 5 pm.
Where: West Education Campus at 14th Street & Farragut Street
What: Fraser fir trees 4 feet to 9 feet in height, and holiday wreaths
Please come support a local DC Public School. All proceeds will go to purchasing technology for our PK3-8th grade students at West!
Young Playwrights’ Theater (YPT) is an arts education nonprofit, that inspires students to realize the power of their own voices. Join us on Saturday, March 12 for YPT’s fourth annual Giving Voice Award Gala, honoring Shakespeare Theatre Company Artistic Director Michael Kahn.
Date: Saturday, March 12
Time: 7pm – 11pm
Location: North Hall at Eastern Market
Enjoy a full open bar and delicious hors d’oeuvres, bid on unique silent auction prizes and dance the night away with music provided by DJ Matt Spangler!
Most importantly, YPT’s gala will once again highlight the inspiring voices of DC students, featuring readings by some of the wonderful young people we serve. All funds raised at the event will help us provide free arts education to thousands of low-income students across the city.
For tickets, visit tinyurl.com/GivingVoice16
Petworth community and neighbors,
Tonight the Chancellor of DCPS, Kaya Henderson, will be announcing some major changes and updates on the re-envisioning of Roosevelt SHS. These decisions will have a huge impact on our students, staff, and the wider community. It is very important that DCPS gets as much feedback as it can and the community comes and shows support for those affected. Join us at 7 pm in the auditorium of MacFarland Middle School (Roosevelt’s current home) and have your voice heard!
Please support Garrison Elementary by participating in our on-line auction. Bidding opens promptly at 8:00AM on May 1st and closes at 8:00PM on May 8th. The first 5 people to place a bid will receive five 24-hour membership passes for Capital Bikeshare valued at $35!
Top 5 Reasons to Bid & Donate:
1. All proceeds go directly to the students: Money raised will help fund enhanced programming and school trips like the one we have planned for Port Discovery Children’s Museum in Baltimore.
2. Your support helps local businesses: We have been overwhelmed by the donations provided by our generous local sponsors. Let’s return the love and go to their establishments.
3. A strong neighborhood school makes a strong community: Neighborhood schools are the fabric of our community. Strengthen our neighborhood schools with enhanced programming, events, and extra-curricular activities, and a healthy, vibrant local community will surely follow.
4. Give yourself a treat: We have some really nice auction items. Why not splurge on yourself or someone you love and help Garrison at the same time?
5. Just because it feels good: Altruistic giving makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside!
Garrison Elementary’s First Ever On-line Auction
Garrison Elementary is holding its first ever on-line auction from May 1, 2015 8:00AM to May 8, 2015 8:00PM! Support a neighborhood school by bidding on items donated by our generous local businesses. The auction is completely on-line, so you can be charitable in the comfort of your own home.
Please forward this email to your families, friends, and neighbors and make sure to bookmark our auction web-site:
Garrison Elementary is a Title I school with over half of our students from low-income families. Your contribution will help support the students at Garrison by helping to fund field trips, extra-curricular activities, and special programs. Funds raised will also help support our monthly cultural events and other special events like Teacher Appreciation Week.
Some of our local donors include:
Cork Wine Bar
Yes! Organic Market
Pekoe Wellness & Acupuncture Spa
Love & Carrots
From the Farmer DC
Starlight Sleep Coaching
Barber of Hell’s Bottom
And many, many more!
Help make Garrison’s first auction a smashing success by bidding on our items!
Registration is now open! Although, you can’t start bidding until May 1st, you can register and donate.
To get up-to-date information on our auction, follow us at https://www.twitter.com/garrisonpta #bidgarrison.
Thank you for supporting a neighborhood school!
West Education Campus 5K Fun Run & Walk…
No fee for kids…Adults $15
September 27, Carter Barron Park behind Tennis Center
8:00 am – 9:30 am
The West Tigers 5K Fun Run welcomes runners of all abilities including children. This race will take place in scenic Rock Creek Park and will benefit West Education Campus, a local, up-and-coming DC Public School serving pre-school through 8th grade students.
Please join our community and register before the event online at: https://westschoolfunrun.eventbrite.com. using PayPal, or send a check, cash or money order made out to: West PSCO, care of Lisa Jackson, 1338 Farragut Street, NW Washington, DC 20011.
Browse Topics by Forum
- Announcements (659)
- Home and Garden (488)
- General Discussion (465)
- Events (336)
- Public Safety (254)
- Real Estate (250)
- Other (142)
- Food and Dining (131)
- Travel and Transportation (129)
- PoPville (88)
- Life and Society (57)
- Neighborhood News (45)
- Governement and Politics (38)
- Shopping (37)
- Art (37)
- Recreation and Sports (36)
- Auto (35)
- Sports and Fitness (31)
- Entertainment (27)
- Children (27)
- Local News (23)
- Family (23)
- Business (22)
- Schools and Education (22)
- Music (21)
- Books and Literature (17)
- Food and Drink (17)
- Computers and Internet (16)
- Lifestyle and Entertainment (11)
- Religion and Spirituality (4)
- Movies and TV (3)
- Sports and Recreation (3)
- Show All Forums