Rendering of 22 M Street, NE courtesy Skanska
From a press release:
“Skanska USA Commercial Development announced today its first multi-family development in Washington, D.C., RESA at Tyber Place located in NoMa, the first neighborhood in D.C. to offer free outdoor WiFi.
RESA is a new 12-story, 326-unit luxury building with rooftop amenities and approximately 7,000 square feet of ground-floor restaurant and retail space. Located at 22 M Street NE between North Capitol and First Streets, NE, RESA boasts a sleek design, extraordinary amenities, unparalleled access to transportation and the dynamic environment of the NoMA neighborhood. The residences’ design applies the concept of practical simplicity creating open, sustainable and inviting interior spaces where tenants can reside and relax. The building is designed to LEED® Silver standards.
“Tenants today are looking for a live-work-play ecosystem. With RESA, we have taken what we know from our successful multi-family developments in our other markets to provide a fresh perspective and a different kind of urban apartment right here in the D.C. market,” said Rob Ward, executive vice president for Skanska USA Commercial Development in Washington, D.C. “The collaboration between residents, planners and developers like us has created a sense of community here that is remarkable. Our commitment to sustainability dovetails perfectly with the priorities of this neighborhood.”
RESA will have more than 10,000 square feet of distinct amenities including:
· A rooftop plunge pool and lounge
· An open-air rooftop penthouse with a fully equipped catering kitchen which overlooks the pool area and green roof, and opens up to a terrace with expansive views of the surrounding NoMA neighborhood
· Second-floor outdoor courtyard with professional gas grills, TV, bar, outdoor fireplace, lush landscaping and lounge furniture
· 24-hour concierge services
· 24-hour computer and printer access
· Resident lounge and hospitality bar with coffee, water and snacks, and work and collaboration facilities
· Fitness center designed to replace the need for a gym membership with a full range of top-of-the-line equipment, free weights and gear, in a facility capable of offering small group interactive classes
· Pet spa
· Indoor bike storage on the first floor with direct access to the street, maintenance equipment and bottle filling station
· Free WiFi throughout all the common areas
· Three-level underground parking garage with 187 parking spaces and charging stations for electric cars
· Dedicated storage on the parking level available for rent
RESA, the Swedish word for journey, appropriately situated its front entrance on the NoMa Meander, a four-block long pedestrian promenade planned by a public-private partnership with the District government, property owners including Skanska and other stakeholders. The Meander will run north/south from New York Avenue to Pierce Street between North Capitol and First Streets, NE. The promenade will include meticulously curated green spaces, seating and active retail, and will take advantage of other amenities in the adjacent developments, including a Landmark Theater.
Located one and one-half blocks from a Metro station, and within walking distance to Union Station and Union Market, RESA is within easy reach of 11 Metrobus lines, two D.C. Circulator lines and eight Capital Bikeshare locations.
RESA is part of Skanska’s Tyber Place, a three-building, mixed-use development, which will offer 585,000 square feet of innovative office space, 326 apartments, 30,000 square feet of restaurants and retail and an open-air courtyard.
Skanska is self-financing 100 percent of the development and construction costs. Skanska will also serve as the construction manager of RESA with construction scheduled to begin in September 2016 and expected to deliver in the fourth quarter of 2018.”