Chinatown Coffee at 475 H Street, NW
From a press release:
What: Astro Doughnuts & Fried Chicken, opening in Metro Center in January 2013, will host a doughnut preview pop-up at local indie coffee shop, Chinatown Coffee Co. Pastry Chef Jason Gehring and founder Elliot Spaisman will be on hand selling doughnuts from their upcoming doughnut and fried chicken take-out restaurant. Doughnut varieties available for sale each day include:
· Vanilla Glazed – vanilla bean glaze ($2.25)
· Brooklyn Blackout – devil’s food cake, chocolate glaze, cookie crumbs ($2.50)
· Maple Bacon – maple glaze, Benton’s bacon ($2.50)
· Peanut Butter & Jelly – strawberry jelly, peanut butter glaze ($2.85)
· Crème Brûlée – vanilla custard, bruleed vanilla glaze ($2.85)
· **Holiday specials: Eggnog cake doughnut–nutmeg butter cake, vanilla custard and rum glaze ($2.50) AND Panettone doughnut –yeast raised fruitcake, rum glaze, and toasted almonds ($2.25).
Additional flavors will be available on Thursday and Friday, including:
· Banana Nut – banana cake, mascarpone glaze, pecans ($2.50)
· Gingerbread – gingerbread dough, gingerbread glaze ($2.25)
· Grapefruit – pink grapefruit glaze ($2.25)
· Black & White – chocolate dough, white ganache, vanilla glaze ($2.85)
· Gianduia – chocolate dough, chocolate custard, hazelnut glaze ($2.85)
· Twink-nut – golden vanilla cake, buttercream filling, vanilla glaze ($2.50)
· Chocolate Glazed – Valrhona chocolate glaze ($2.25)
· Pecan – butterscotch glaze, pecans ($2.25)
· Mocha – espresso dough, chocolate custard, espresso glaze ($2.85)
· Oatmeal raisin – oatmeal dough, buttercream filling, granola crumbs ($2.85)
When: Thursday, December 20th and Friday, December 21st, 2012. Quantities are limited and sales will begin at 8:00 a.m. until all doughnuts are sold out.
Where: Chinatown Coffee Co. is located at 475 H Street, NW, Washington, DC 20001. Metro: Gallery Place Chinatown – 7th and H Street exit.