Photo by PoPville flickr user Mr. T in DC
Thanks to Nichole for sending the word:
“Theknowitexpress is a bus service running from U Street to Park Slope (with a quick stop in Manhattan at Penn Station). Weekend bus service launches on Friday October 22, 2010 and will provide morning and afternoon departures: morning from U Street to Brooklyn and evening Brooklyn to U Street. 4.5 hours to Manhattan; 5 hours to Brooklyn.
The buses will feature:
* Free Wi-fi and Plug-in’s
* Free snacks and refreshments
* Comfortable leg room
* DC Metro and New York Subway accessible locations
* Newly released movies onboard
* Laptop borrow service
* Senior and Student Discounts
* Frequent Traveler and Group Discounts
* Free Reschedule Privileges
* Exclusive member discounts for local businesses, events, and deals
* On-board bike storage (ride to U Street and have your bike with you for the weekend in NY)
Tickets are $25 one-way, $45 round trip ($40 with student discount) and $30 one-way walkup (DC location only). There’s no BS “$1 fares” that are advertised but that you can never get.
To kick things off, for the first 30 days, we have decided to offer 50 free rides to guests traveling to and from Washington, DC and New York. Sign up today at http://www.theknowitexpress.com/ (Ed. Note: Web site wasn’t live when I last checked) for your chance to ride free and to receive notification of when we go live, promo codes and booking information.”
oh, this gross nightmare. i have tried to like this three times. it is overcrowded and...Adult Swim Starts Back Up this Sunday at the Capitol Skyline Hotel
Yes, but using a visitor parking pass doesn't necessarily mean you don't also need a ROSA...Dear PoPville – Parking Suggestions for non DC Residents?
- and the abuse where they are handed out is widespread. Please, citizens: report DC...Dear PoPville – Parking Suggestions for non DC Residents?
Awesome! Thanks for all the great ideas! I knew PoPville would come through.Random Reader Rant and/or Revel