From an email:
“all-you-can-eat-&-drink event this Saturday afternoon at Whiskey’s w/ chef Ryan Gordon from Queen Vic. One of the beers is the particularly rare and amazing 2015 vintage Anderson Valley Huge Arker (15.5% ABV bourbon barrel-aged stout). We’ll also be “burning the bock” (aka “bock poking” or “bierstachl”), here’s a video clip that explains the interesting (or maybe silly) tradition of sticking a hot poker in dark malt beer to caramelize the sugars.
Specs for the event are as follows:
* Burning the Bock Feast
* Little Miss Whiskey’s Golden Dollar, 1104 H Street NE DC
* this Saturday afternoon, 11/13, 2:30-6:30 PM
* Menu by Chef Ryan Gordon of the Queen Vic:
* Birria-style lamb/queso tacos w/ rice & beans
* Curried goat stew w/ tatziki
* Anderson Valley Huge Arker (2015 vintage bourbon barrel-aged stout (15.5% ABV))
* Goodwood OG BBC Bourbon Barrel Stout (8% ABV)
* Anderson Valley Black Rice Lager
* $58 all afternoon, tickets here”
400 block of K Street, NW photo by Ostap Yarysh Ostap wrote us at 5:41pm Saturday: “Shooting in DC, on K str NW, next to Busboys and poets. At least…
Yesterday there were 67,173 total positives. explore all the official D.C. data here From the Mayor’s Office: “The District’s reported data for December 2, 2021 includes 235 new positive coronavirus…
Thanks to Julie for sending this beauty from Carter Barron.
photo by Jordan Barab “Dear PoPville, My roommate and I were walking her dog (small Yorkie mix) East down L St NE on Thursday (12/2) morning around 7:30am.