This rental is located at Monroe Street NW near 14th street. The Craigslist ad says:
“$2,850 / 3br – 1100ft2 – 3br rowhome with backyard for July 1! (Columbia Heights/Mount Pleasant)
A three-bedroom (or 2BR + den) rowhouse for rent on Monroe Street NW between 14th and 16th street corridors. It’s a 6-minute walk to the Columbia Heights metro, while also being on the border of the Mount Pleasant neighborhood, One-year lease to start July 1; $2,850 per month plus tenant pays for water, gas and electricity. Small pets ok.
• Large master bedroom with extra office or reading space and lots of windows
• Balcony off the 3rd bedroom
• Back deck and small backyard with a garden bed
• Air condition units on top and bottom floors; ceiling fans in all bedrooms
• Lots of storage space and closets!
Enjoy everything both Columbia Heights and Mount Pleasant have to offer! Target, Giant supermarket, restaurants and other shops are just a block away in the 14th Street shopping district. The home is also on the border of Mount Pleasant neighborhood, with Mt P shops and restaurants a close walk away. Entrance to Rock Creek Park trails just a 10 minute walk away. The home is located on a wonderful double block with a welcoming and supportive community of neighbors.
I am looking for a reliable and mature long-term tenant can self-manage the property, making minor repairs, and managing the basement apartment and outdoor spaces. The house was built in 1907 and has been updated, but still has many of its original features.
I live in another state so I place a premium on a tenant-manager who can:
• Take care of small problems as they arise
• Make minor faucet, toilet and other repairs
• Maintain the front and back yards
• Shovel/sweep the sidewalk and steps when it snows
• Clean out the gutter
• Alert me to problems
• Coordinate and meet with contractors/repair technicians
• Advertise and show the basement apartment when needed
Showings (virtual or in-person) are available upon request starting this weekend. If you’re coming in person, please do mask up and if you have any symptoms of illness, schedule a virtual showing instead. We’re also available to answer any questions via email.”
Ed. Note: PoPville is not affiliated with any ‘Rental of the Day’ properties. Rent at your own risk and proceed with caution as you would with all online listings.