“The District Department of Transportation (DDOT) will host two virtual public meetings to present an overview of the Connecticut Avenue NW Reversible Lane Safety and Operations Study including the technical analysis and preliminary concept designs. The virtual meetings will be held on Tuesday, March 30, 2021 and Thursday, April 1, 2021; the same information will be presented during both meetings.
The Connecticut Avenue NW Reversible Lane Safety and Operations Study assesses the multimodal (vehicular, transit, bicycle, and pedestrian) operational and safety impacts associated with removing or maintaining/improving the existing reversible lane system and improving multimodal accessibility (e.g., consideration of adding protected bicycle lanes). The project area is 2.7 miles long with the primary area from Connecticut Avenue at Legation Street NW to Calvert Street NW. The secondary project area is bordered by Wisconsin Avenue to the west, Broad Branch Road to the east, Dupont Circle to the south, and Western Avenue to the north.
Through the study, DDOT aims to:
- Reduce crashes and conflict points while enhancing safety for all modes, and roadway users as well as pedestrians.
- Incorporate additional mobility options along the corridor (e.g., protected bicycle lanes).
- Assess feasibility of removing the reversible lane operation.
- Determine feasibility of reducing capacity along Connecticut Avenue and the effect on adjacent roadways.
- Advance Mayor Muriel Bowser’s Vision Zero goals.
During the meeting, DDOT will offer topic-specific learning rooms that will run consecutively and allow stakeholders to concentrate on a specific project topic area. The learning rooms will be moderated by members of the project team and will occur either before or after the general meeting.
Connecticut Avenue NW Reversible Lane Safety and Operations Study Public Meeting
Tuesday, March 30, 2021
- General Meeting: 9:30 a.m.
- Topic-Specific Learning Rooms: 1-hour consecutive sessions at 11:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m.
- 11:00 a.m.– Concept Review/Evaluation
- 12:00 p.m.–Traffic Analysis/Parking
Thursday, April 1, 2021
- General Meeting: 7:00 p.m.
- Topic-Specific Learning Rooms: 1-hour consecutive sessions at 5:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m.
- 5:00 p.m.–Concept Review/Evaluation
- 6:00 p.m.–Traffic Analysis/Parking
NOTE: The same information will be provided on both days.
To attend by WebEx – Click on following link:
- Event Number: 160 356 5987
- Event Password: DDOTCtAve2021
To attend by phone – Call In Instructions:
- Dial the U.S. Toll – Washington D.C. Phone Number: +1-202-860-2110
- Dial the meeting’s Access Code: 160 356 5987, followed by the # key.
- The WebEx system will prompt you for an Attendee ID; this is not required.
- Press the # key to join the meeting.
***The meeting will also be broadcast live on DDOT’s Facebook Page: facebook.com/ddotc ***
Please visit the updated project website at ddot.dc.gov/page/
photo by Kimberly Kong Check out the Fight Club Beverage Menu (PDF) From Fight Club: “Newly-resurrected sandwich shop, Fight Club is launching cocktails/beer/wine and extended operating hours at their brick-and-mortar…
Photo by Ron Cohn You can talk about whatever is on your mind – quality of life issues, a beautiful tree you spotted, scuttlebutt, or any random questions/thoughts you may…
Thanks to Zachary and T. for sending: “Another shooting around Georgia Ave/Petworth metro station.” From AlertDC: “MPD reports the 3700 block of Georgia Avenue, NW between New Hampshire Avenue and…
From metrobar (640 Rhode Island Avenue, NE): “Now Open Wednesdays! Community Appreciation Night Wed, Jun 29 4:00 PM – 12:00 AM We are excited to announce that metrobar will now…