The Barrington photo by Tim Casey
From an email:
“Call Your Mother launched a new menu this week, created by co-owner and chef, Daniela Moreira and pastry chef, Sharrod Mangum. The biggest highlight may be that doughnuts will be a permanent on the Call Your Mother menu at all four locations from Thursday-Sunday!
Currently available doughnut flavors include The Independent State of Samoa, a nod to Girl Scout cookie season, that is a yeasted doughnut drizzled with Carmelita chocolate and topped with shredded coconut, and the Black & White Doughnut, the deli’s famous Black & White cookie given the doughnut treatment with the same delicious black & white glaze atop a yeasted doughnut.
Another big highlight: Call Your Mother has a new bagel sandwich called The Barrington that features hummus from Little Sesame on a za’atar bagel with cucumbers, tomatoes, and pickled red onions.
The new menu is live and available to order ahead online at www.callyourmotherdeli.com.
· Cinnamon Raisin- A slightly sweet classic with chewy raisins and swirls of cinnamon
· Cheddar- A fluffy bagel topped with toasty cheddar cheese
· Nacho Jalapeño cream cheese – Jalapeño, red pepper, and cheddar cream cheese
· Cacio e Pepe cream cheese – Parmesan cheese & black pepper cream cheese. Chef’s suggestion: get it on a cheddar bagel
· Guava cream cheese – Nothin’ but good guava and cream cheese. Chef’s suggestion: get it on a cinnamon raisin bagel
New Bagel Sandwiches
· The Barrington – Veggie vibes on a za’atar bagel with Little Sesame hummus, cucumbers, tomatoes, and pickled red onions
· The King’s Point – Nacho jalapeño cream cheese, bacon, crispy shallots sandwiched between a cheddar bagel
· The Grand Villa – A sweet and tropical twist on a classic: Big Spoon peanut butter, house-made raspberry-guava jam on a cinnamon raisin bagel
· The Independent State of Samoa Doughnut – Yeasted doughnut drizzled with carmelita chocolate and topped with shredded coconut
· Black & White Doughnut – Yeasted doughnut topped with our signature black & white glaze”
Photo by Tim Casey
From ANXO (711 Kennedy Street, NW): “CELEBRATE WOMEN’S MONTH AT BRIGHTWOOD PIZZA! For the entire month of March we are celebrating women and raising money for the DC Abortion Fund….
And thanks to Helder Gil for sending our favorite, oft featured, old taxi. Sweet City Ride is made possible by readers like you!
Thanks to Pia for sending this “Beautiful Vintage Ford truck” Sweet City Ride is made possible by readers like you!
If you have any animal/pet photos you’d like to share please send an email to princeofpetworth(at)gmail(dot)com with ‘Animal Fix’ in the title and say the name of your pet and…
Dreaming of small-town charm with big-city convenience? Look no further than 7156 Main St in Clifton, Virginia! Nestled just 30 miles from the heart of Washington D.C., this picturesque property offers the best of both worlds.
Escape the hustle and bustle of the city to find tranquility in this quaint, historic town. With its tree-lined streets and friendly community atmosphere, Clifton is the perfect place to call home. Yet, with its close proximity to the nation’s capital, you’ll never be far from the excitement and opportunities of urban living.
Imagine weekends exploring local shops, dining at charming cafes, and enjoying outdoor adventures in nearby parks. Then, commute to D.C. for work or play, soaking in all the culture, entertainment, and career opportunities the city has to offer.
Want to get a head start on your spring cleaning? Use Well-Paid Maids, the DC area’s only certified living-wage home cleaning service. Well-Paid Maids pays all of its staff at least $24 per hour and provides a full benefits package including:
• Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
• 100% employer-paid commuting costs
The 2024 DC Environmental Film Festival begins Thursday, March 21, at 7pm with the US Premiere screening of ANTARCTICA CALLING from Academy Award-winning director Luc Jacquet.
The Festival will continue through Saturday, March 30, offering dozens of screenings at venues