This rental is located at Monroe st NW near 16th st NW. The Craigslist ad says:
“$3,495 / 3br – 1800ft2 – Great deal: Beautiful 3BR house on safe street 2 blocks from metro (Mt Pleasant / Columbia Heights)
Beautiful 3-bathroom row house on a safe and friendly tree-lined street at the border of Columbia Heights and Mt Pleasant. It is super convenient, feels like an urban oasis, is spacious with high ceilings, quiet, and great for entertaining. It has beautiful exposed brick walls, a large master bedroom that gets tons of light, original hardwood floors, stainless steel appliances, a great kitchen with natural light, new central A/C and central heating, a lovely backyard patio & a private parking spot in back.
Very convenient location: 2 blocks from metro, 20 minutes to downtown, 2 blocks from Target/Best Buy/Giant &; 2 min walk to 16th street that has fast buses to downtown.
Friendly neighbors on a tree-lined street: The house is on a lovely, quiet street with many great neighbors. There’s a block party in the summer and a progressive dinner in the winter (where different houses host different courses & approx 75 people go house-to-house). I honestly think this is the best block in the neighborhood.
Walking distance to tons of great neighborhood restaurants, bars & cafes:
• Mt Pleasant (3 mins walk): top coffee shop/restaurant Elle, Spanish Tapas, excellent Thai food, bars & more.
• 11th street (5 mins walk): lovely wine bar, multiple very good restaurants, and some of DC’s best Neapolitan pizza.
• 14th street (3 mins walk): amazing French bakery (La Caprice); Anafre, one of DC’s hottest restaurants, Taqueria Habanero and Mezcaleria, competing for DC’s best tacos and margaritas, and multiple fun bars.
About the house:
• High ceilings throughout the house that make it feel very spacious
• Modern yet historic feel: original hardwood floors, exposed brick walls, and historic moldings
• Large master bedroom with walk-in closet and large bay window that lets in a lot of light
• Downstairs is fantastic for entertaining. Large living room and dining room
• Two other bedrooms upstairs that were recently redone and repainted. One has exposed brick.
• Clawfoot bathtub in recently redone bathroom
• Modern kitchen with beautiful granite countertops, gas stove, stainless steel appliances, new large refrigerator.
• High-end drinking water filter system: reverse osmosis
• Private parking spot
• Central A/C, and warm radiator heating
• Working wood fireplace for romantic evenings
• Outdoor patio for barbeques and brunches.
• Beautiful entrance hallway with hanging Edison bulbs
• Granite stone stairs and entrance
• High quality Pella glass doors in front and back
Two blocks from nature: gigantic Rock Creek Park is on the other side — great for hikes, long, walks, and biking. 10 min walk to Meridian Hill/Malcolm X park for picnics. 10 min walk to bars/restaurants in Adams Morgan.
If you think this sounds like a good fit for you, email with a bit about yourself and the group that would move in. 1 month security deposit required. Thank you”
Ed. Note: PoPville is not affiliated with any ‘Rental of the Day’ properties. Rent at your own risk and proceed with caution as you would with all Craigslist listings.
From US Capitol Police: “Just after 4:00 a.m., a man drove his car into the vehicle barricade at East Capitol Street and Second Street. While the man was getting out…
via google maps From MPD at 12:53am: “Alert: Shooting Investigation in the 1200 block of Irving Street NW. No Lookout at this time.” Updates when/if more is known.
From an email: “SAT. AUG 13th @ APPIOO | 10PM 1924 9th Street Northwest JOIN US FOR A NIGHT OF LOVE & ROOTS FT/ D U T T Y B…