As a follow up to our discussion yesterday, from the Mayor’s Office:
“Beginning Monday, July 27, 2020, Mayor Bowser is requiring self-quarantine for all travelers, including college students, coming into the District from hotspot areas. Potential Phase 2 rollbacks are being considered, and additional arts and entertainment waivers will be suspended”.
“Today, Mayor Bowser issued Mayor’s Order 2020-081 on requirements for all residents or persons returning to or arriving to the District after travel from coronavirus (COVID-19) “high-risk areas” – locations where the seven day moving average daily new COVID-19 case rate is 10 or more per 100,000 persons. A list of “high-risk areas” will be posted by the DC Department of Health on Monday, July 27, 2020, and will be updated every two weeks on coronavirus.dc.gov. Travel to and from Maryland and Virginia is exempt from the Order.
All residents and persons traveling to or from “high-risk areas,” within the prior 14 days for non-essential travel must self-quarantine for 14 days following their return or arrival to the District. Persons who are traveling through a “high-risk area,” such as through an airport or by vehicle, are not subject to this quarantine requirement.
Persons who are self-quarantining after non-essential travel must:
- Stay at their residence or in a hotel room, leaving only for essential medical appointments or treatment or to obtain food and other essential goods when the delivery of food or other essential goods to their residence or hotel is not feasible;
- Not invite or allow guests, other than caregivers, into their quarantined residence or hotel room; and
- Self-monitor for symptoms of COVID-19 and seek appropriate medical advice or testing if COVID-19 symptoms arise.
Persons returning to the District after essential travel, or arriving in the District for essential travel must:
- Self-monitor for symptoms of COVID-19 and self-quarantine and seek medical advice or testing if they show symptoms of COVID-19; and
- Limit their activities involving contact with other persons for fourteen (14) days to the purposes that exempted them from the self-quarantine requirement to the extent possible.
The Order will go into effect at 12:01 a.m. on Monday, July 27, 2020, and will remain be in effect through October 9, 2020, or through the end of the District’s state of emergency.
The full Mayor’s Order can be found here.”
Thanks to Matt Urquijo for sharing: “LIZ TRUSS SIGHTING IN DC. Citizen M on Capitol Hill. I wonder why she’s here?”
photo by Tim Brown Great news for Washington Spirit fans from the Washington Post: “The Washington Spirit has struck a deal with D.C. United to play all of its home…
1829 14th Street, NW Thanks to Oswald for sending: “Looks like there is a new tenant for the former Peet’s Coffee location at 1829 14th St.” Heyday’s website says: “We’re…
via google maps From MPD: “Detectives from the Metropolitan Police Department’s Sexual Assault Unit announce an arrest has been made in an Assault with Intent to Commit First-Degree Sexual Abuse…