courtesy The Imperial/Jack Rose
From a press release:
“Two of DC’s most acclaimed dining and drinking destinations — The Imperial and Jack Rose Dining Saloon – are the city’s newest take-out options starting this Friday, May 15. The Imperial, which was billed as one of DC’s hottest new restaurants in its four months of operation before COVID, has launched carry-out for the first time after an 8-week closure, and Jack Rose has introduced a brand new menu of to-go food, meal kits, ready-to-drink cocktails and at-home beverage kits. Both restaurants will offer their menus for pre-order via Tock, Wednesday through Sunday, starting on 5/15.
The Imperial opened its doors to much acclaim just four months before COVID-19 hit and DC restaurants were ordered to close. And now for the first time in eight weeks, the restaurant will serve its stellar food and cocktails to Washingtonians once again.
Chef Russell Jones has created both a casual Picnic Barmenu of sandwiches, snacks and grab-and-go picnic packs, and a more luxe Dinner-For-Two menu featuring the highly buzzed-about Beef Wellington and a hearty, seafood-rich Bouillabaisse.
At-Home Dinners for Two ($45-50) feature three courses prepared by Chef Jones and designed to put finishing touches on at home, ranging from Provençal Potato Salad with fingerling potatoes, capers, herbs de Provence, and Dijon vinaigrette; a rich Bouillabaisse filled with mussels, clams, shrimp, monkfish, fennel, tomato broth and a baguette; portioned-for-one Be
For those who prefer to enjoy sunny snacks in the comforts of their own backyard or a safely distanced outdoor area, a grab-and-go Picnic Pack ($22, serves two) comes stocked with Smoked Trout, Classic Hummus, Green Goddess Dip, Crudite & Bibb Lettuce, Capers & Cornichons, Mini Baguette & Lavash Crackers. Guests can also find Snacks like Fried Belly Clams with housemade tartar sauce for dipping, and Flatbreads such as the Soppressata with niçoise, olives and Pecorino Romano.
A variety of pressed, grilled and fried Sandwiches ($10-$16) inc
On the liquid side, creative director of beverage Andy Bixby has created four summery Ready-to-Drink Bottled Cocktails ($11):
- Sherry Colada (Sherry, Imperial White Rum Blend, Plantation Pineapple Rum, Dulce de Coco, Pineapple Juice, Lime, Pebble Ice)
- Greenpoint (Rye, Cocchi di Torino, Herbal Liqueur, Imperial Barrel Aged Bitters)
- New Melon, Who This? (Mezcal, Manzanilla Sherry, Cantaloupe, White Peach, Ginger Tarragon Syrup, Lemon)
- Charleston Shuffle (Gin, Citrus infused Fino, Kirsch, Maraschino, Curacao, Cocchi Americano, Acido)
And for those aspiring mixologists who want to hone their at-home bartending skills, The Imperial will sell two Full Bottle Cocktail Kits ($55-$60, serves 8 to 10) which include a 750ml pre-batched cocktail, a bag of crushed ice and fresh fruit garnishes:
- Sherry Cobbler (Lustau Amontillado Sherry, Oranges, Lemons, Sugar, Gomme, Berries)
- Summers in Seneca (Red Newt Riesling, Plantation Pineapple Rum, Guava, Ginger, Lime, Verjus Rouge
The Imperial will also sell beer ($6-$7) and bottled wine ($20-$30) to go.
Customers can order for pick-up via Tock. The Imperial will be open Wednesday and Thursday from 4-6pm, Friday from 3-8pm, Saturday from 12-8pm, and Sunday from 12-5pm.
JACK ROSE DINING SALOON
After months of selling off its 2700+ bottle whisk(e)y collection to help stay afloat and take care of its valued staff, Jack Rose Dining Saloon now offers a streamlined way to order food and beverages online for take-out via Tock.
Grazers can choose from a convenient grab-and-go Snack Pack ($20, serves two) featuring house pimento cheese, cheese, charcuterie (Prosciutto, Coppa, Saucisson), marinated mixed olives, and sea salt Lavash crackers; and Bites such as Shrimp Hushpuppies with Old Bay mayo, Fried Mac & Cheese with truffle mayonnaise, and the bar’s famous Whiskey Wings smothered in habanero & honey bourbon sauce.
Other menu categories include Salads, Tacos, and Sandwiches ($10-$
At-Home Dinners for Two ($40-45) feature three courses prepared by Chef Jones and designed to put finishing touches on at home, ranging from Roasted Half Amish Chicken with roasted tomatoes, zucchini and basil; Braised Pork Shank with collard greens and cornbread; and homemade Butter Cake with dulce de leche.
For those looking for liquid refreshments, creative director of beverage Andy Bixby will offer five creative Ready-to-Drink Bottled Cocktails ($11):
- Paper Plane (Bourbon, Aperol, Amaro Montenegro, Lemon, Gomme)
- Scottish Swizzle (Peat Monster, Jamaican Rum, Lime, Sugar, Mint, JRDS Barrel Aged Bitters)
- Manhattan (Rye, Cocchi Di Torino, JRDS Barrel Aged Bitters)
- I Never Promised You a Rose Garden (Cherry Blossom Infused Vodka, Cappelletti Aperitivo, Cocchi Americano Rossa, Acido, Rosewater)
- *Frozen* Margarita (Tequila, Curaçao, Lime, Agave, Pink Himalayan Salt)
- Mint Julep (Old Bardstown Bourbon, Nitro Muddled Mint, Sugar, Gomme) (kit includes bag of pebbled ice, powdered sugar & fresh mint)
- Jack Rose Old Fashioned (Evan Williams Bottled-in-Bond Bourbon, JRDS Barrel Aged Bitters, Sugar, Gomme) (kit includes square ice cubes, sliced orange & lemon)
Jack Rose will also sell canned beer ($4-$6) and bottled wine ($18-$19) to go.
Customers can order for pick-up via Tock. Jack Rose Dining Saloon will be open Wednesday and Thursday from 4-6pm, Friday from 3-8pm, Saturday from 12-8pm, and Sunday from 12-5pm.”