Photo by PoPville flickr user Victoria Pickering
“The High Heel Race is one of Washington, DC most unique events with a rich history of “Crossing The Line Since 1986″. On the Tuesday before Halloween, thousands of spectators pack the Dupont Circle Neighborhood to watch hundreds of costumed drag queens show off their extravagant outfits and race down Historic 17th Street, NW.
Location: 17th Street, between P and S Streets NW near Dupont Circle
Race Time: Begins at 9 p.m. Participants gather as early as 6 p.m.”
“On Tuesday, October 29, 2019, the 17th Street High Heel Race will take place in the District of Columbia. In conjunction with this event, there will be several street closures that motorists should take into consideration:
The following streets will be posted as Emergency No Parking for the event from approximately 3:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m.
The following streets will be closed to vehicular traffic for the event from approximately 6:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.:
· S Street, NW to south of P Street, NW on 17th Street, NW
· 16th Street to 17th Street, NW on Riggs Place, NW
· 16th Street to 18th Street, NW on R Street, NW
· 16th Street to 18th Street, NW on Corcoran Street, NW
· 16th Street to 18th Street, NW on Q Street, NW
· 16th Street to 18th Street, NW on Church Street, NW
· 16th Street to 18th Street, NW on P Street, NW
All street closures and listed times are subject to change based upon prevailing or unexpected conditions.
The public should expect parking restrictions along the street and should be guided by the posted emergency no parking signage. All vehicles that are parked in violation of the emergency no parking signs will be ticketed and towed.”