I am writing to you because my housemates and I are in desperate need of some assistance. On July 4th, I came home and discovered our home had caught fire because one of our reckless and careless housemates was setting off illegal fireworks in front of our home. Myself and my other two roommates, who were not home at the time, have lost everything we own except the clothes on our backs and our fur babies. Unfortunately no one had renter’s insurance, so we are really going thru a difficult time.
Myself and the other two ladies all work in the hospitality industry here in DC and we are really hoping that you could help us. We have started a GoFundMe page to help collect donations so we can find a new place to live and purchase the essentials.
I have included a photo of our home that I took less than 24 hours after the fire, showing our windows boarded and all of the fireworks in front. This has been such a traumatic and difficult experience thus far and we are only in the beginning stages.”