Ed. Note: This follows earlier word of Federal agencies being closed Wednesday.
From the Mayor’s Office:
“In observance and support of the State Funeral for former President George H.W. Bush, Mayor Bowser has activated the District’s Emergency Operations Center (EOC) to ensure district services are well-coordinated within Washington, DC during the three-day event.
To see full maps, please visit: here.
· On Wednesday, December 5, District Government and District of Columbia Public Schools (DCPS) will be open and operate on normal schedules.
· Residents are strongly encouraged to take the Metro and other forms of public transportation as the District will experience significant traffic delays beginning the afternoon of Monday, December 3, through the evening of Wednesday, December 5, due to processional routes and road closures.
· The Department of Public Works will clean all funeral processional routes.
· The District Department of Transportation is posting flags along the routes.
· The District’s EOC and Joint Information Center (JIC) will be operational through the evening of Wednesday, December 5.
· Residents and motorists can register to receive important alerts from the District on their devices by signing up for AlertDC at alertdc.dc.gov or call 311 for additional information.”
Ed. Note: See all road closures and parking restrictions here.