This rental is located at 9th St NE at East Capitol. The Craigslist ad says:
“$1750 / 1br – Sunny and Spacious Capitol Hill Studio with View of the Capitol Dome!
Our charming studio apartment will be available for rent starting Sunday, July 15. Please contact me (Becca) to arrange to see it!
LOCATION: 18 9th St, Washington DC 20002
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT THE HOME
• Windows look out over Capitol Hill with a spectacular view of the Capitol Dome a few blocks away (there is no other home on the Hill that has this view!)
• Hardwood floors, high ceilings, east- and north-facing windows that flood the apartment with light
• Pretty kitchen with dishwasher, large fridge and freezer, disposal in sink, oven, microwave, glass stovetop, and granite countertops
• Bathroom includes a bathtub and black-and-white penny tile
• Central heating and A/C
• Wired for high speed internet
• Owner pays the condo fee
• Rooftop deck has 360 views of the city (Mall, Nationals Stadium, National Cathedral) with outdoor tables, chairs, and lounge chairs.
• Large, shaded patio downstairs includes more outdoor tables and chairs for picnics.
• Laundry and bike storage in basement
• The secure entry can be opened via an intercom system for guests (they call your cell phone and you can open the door through your cell phone). Newly upgraded elevator. Our building neighbors are very friendly and vigilant.
• Pet and smoke free
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT THE LOCATION
• The studio is located on 9th and East Capitol streets NE in the heart of gorgeous, historic Capitol Hill… truly the most beautiful part of the loveliest, most convenient neighborhood in D.C.
• The Capitol building, National Mall, museums, and other cultural attractions are just a few blocks away down East Capitol Street.
• 5-minute walk from Eastern Market, which is filled with restaurants and boutique shops
• 10-minute walk from the eateries and attractions of Barracks Row and Pennsylvania Ave
• 15-minute walk from trendy H Street, filled with hot new restaurants and bars
• CVS and Trader Joe’s are a 7-minute walk, Harris Teeter is 5-minute drive away
• Corner grocers 3 blocks up East Capitol, a beautiful park (Lincoln Park) 2 blocks down the street where all our neighbors walk their dogs and chat in the evenings, and our favorite diner is 5 blocks away (mmm!)
GETTING HERE AND AWAY
The studio is a 10-minute walk from the Eastern Market metro station (Orange and Blue lines) and a 15-minute walk to Union Station (Red line). Metro buses stop less than a block from the studio on 8th and East Capitol streets.
THINGS TO KNOW
• Available July 15
• Water/Trash service AND condo fee included
• Tenant pays electric, cable/internet (no gas)
• Renter’s insurance required
• 80% floors must be covered with rugs”