Washington, DC

“Dear PoPville,

I’m hoping someone can help me figure out a question I have about changing my name with the DMV. I got married last year and have changed my name with Social Security, but have yet to receive my updated card.

Can I go to DC DMV with my marriage license and get my name changed without the updated Social Security card? I’m reading conflicting information online and can’t get a straight answer when calling 311.


Subscribe to our mailing list