Photo by PoPville flickr user Lorie Shaull
And so it was written:
Today at 4:30 PM – 6:30 PM
Carousel on the National Mall
900 Jefferson Dr SW
Winter Storm Toby (aka the Nor’easter) is coming and threatening to cover the DMV area with snow. In the likely event of this happening, your favorite place to spend time – work – could be shut down (especially if you’re a fed or connected to the feds!). So here at #DCSFA, we want to relieve frustrations about unscheduled telework, cabin fever, and the lack of afternoon traffic…
Let’s meet on the National Mall in front of the Smithsonian Castle at 4:30pm for some snow-throwing fun. The location is a block away from the Smithsonian Metro Station on the Blue/Orange/Silver lines and 3 blocks away from the Navy Memorial/Archives Station on the Green/Yellow Lines. We marked the Carousel on the National Mall as a nearby landmark – not as a target or the actual venue.
As usual, some simple rules apply for everyone’s safety and fun:
* Anyone who participates in this event does so at his/her own risk.
* Please follow any instructions given by the National Park Police or Metropolitan Police Department. DCSFA will do so.
* Anyone who behaves recklessly is individually responsible for the consequences.
* DO NOT THROW ICE OR PELT MOVING VEHICLES!
* Play safe, and by all means, HAVE FUN!
Some more Dos & Don’ts:
– Don’t bring guns or other non-snow weapons to a snowball fight (remember the incident of December 2009!)
– Do protect your eyes
– Don’t attack small children/animals/reporters/police
– Don’t throw ice or stones
– Do bring friends and good vibes
– Do stay at home if you’re afraid, injured, or are recovering from a medical condition
– Do dress appropriately for the weather and the activity
– Do have fun
Hipsters, visitors, celebrities and politicians – they are all fair game!”