via Capitol Improv
Mark it. It’s almost time for the No Pants Metro Ride DC 2018:
“Sunday, January 7, 2018 at 3 PM – 5 PM
800 C St SW
Our 10th year riding the DC Metro without pants!
Act as if it’s any other day: you’re traveling to/from work, you’re headed to meet some friends, you’re en route to some appointment, you’re carting off your old Christmas tree, you’re a tourist not quite sure how to navigate Metro… you just happen to be without pants.
Maybe you forgot them. Maybe you hadn’t even noticed. Maybe, despite the assertions of those around you, you’re pretty sure you have them on.
As we have in the past: meet at Hancock Park by the L’Enfant Plaza Metro (at the corner of 7th, C, and Maryland SW). We will have a brief pre-ride meeting starting at 3PM, and soon afterward we’ll dive underground and ride some trains. Afterward we’ll meet up somewhere around 5pm-ish for an after-party (pants still optional!)
No Pants Veterans: you know the drill. But here are some tips for newcomers or those seeking a refresher:
– (1) This is a family-friendly event, so be mindful of your choice of undies – keep things clean (figuratively… but also literally: fresh underwear is happy underwear).
– (2) It doesn’t matter who you are or what you look like — all are welcome to join in!
– (3) Bring a backpack, bag, suitcase, luggage, etc to hide pants in.
– (4) Make sure your SmartTrip cards have money on them in advance!
– (5) Be aware that there will be media, videographers, and photographers around.
– (6) Watch out for weekend track work and metro delays on your way in.
– (7) We tend to travel both directions of the loop around L’Enfant, Gallery Place, and Metro Center. As we tend to stay underground: it’s warmer than you’d think (adrenaline helps).
– (8) Some are welcome to depants while still outside, but in general most will tend to depants as soon as they board their first train… especially because those initial reactions from fellow passengers are the best part.
Most important! While Transit Police have been fantastic every year since the beginning (quite a few have said this is one of their favorite days at work every year), *if* any figure of authority tells you to put your pants back on: do as they say.
While it’s a rare need over our many years: if you experience anything inappropriate please speak up / stand up! Report any inappropriate behavior to police, Capitol Improv volunteers, or station attendants (every station has attendants in booths on the upper-platforms & every railcar has an emergency intercom at each end). www.wmata.com/harassment
This year we’re again being helped by the crew at the helm of DC’s Cupid’s Undie Run. While our run is a senseless endeavor, their run on Feb 10th is for charity! Check them out at:
The No Pants Subway Ride is an annual global event started by Improv Everywhere in New York in 2002. For information about their events and missions, please check out http://improveverywhere.com/ …And also keep watch on that site if you want to join in a No Pants Ride but aren’t near DC — it’s an event held the same day in cities around the world!”
1832 Columbia Road, NW The placard for Juicy King Crab says: “The Establishment will be a Restaurant offering seafood boils with dine-in and take-out services. Total Occupancy Load is 74…
Photo by C Buoscio You can talk about whatever is on your mind – quality of life issues, a beautiful tree you spotted, scuttlebutt, or any random questions/thoughts you may…
Yesterday there were 63,879 total positives. explore all the official D.C. data here From the Mayor’s Office: “The District’s reported data for October 25, 2021 includes 40 new positive coronavirus…
Thanks to Sarah for sending from Kalorama. Friends of the White Whale Society is brought to you by the team behind Last Christmas Tree in Town. You can email your…