From an email:
“We’re excited to announce that there will be a ribbon cutting this weekend at the Piney Branch picnic grove. Join us this Saturday as we celebrate the rehabilitation of the area, including the installation of a new grill. As the site of the only walkable picnic grove on the East side of the park, we have been eager to get this parkland in ship-shape for the local community as well as local wildlife. Now we can say we are well on our way!
Some of you have volunteered at this site before, and many of you have donated funds that have helped us rehabilitate the area. So, we’d like to invite all of you to the ribbon cutting! We’ll be kicking off the day with a volunteer planting at 9AM, followed by a picnic and ribbon cutting at 11AM. Please head to our events page to sign up and let us know you’re coming (and don’t forget to bring a picnic!)
1) Installed the first grill at the Picnic Grove 29.
2) Rehabilitated wetlands near the picnic grove.
3) Built a fence surrounding the wetlands to limit human impact.
4) Planted trees on both sides of Piney Branch Parkway.
5) Cleaned up trash around picnic grove and in surrounding forest.
6) Removed many invasive plants.
7) Moved trash bins closer to the picnic area for convenience and to help limit litter.”
rendering of Wisconsin Avenue and Rodman Street, NW courtesy Wegmans From a press release: “Hiring and training are now underway for Wegmans Food Markets’ first store in Northwest Washington, D.C….
Thanks to Nana for sending from Metro Center. Well if metro is going to be a mess, this makes it a bit better… *This series features any pets in a…
1601 Connecticut Avenue, NW Foxtrot has been shooting for an October opening and now they’ve applied for their liquor license: “A new Retailer’s Class B Full-Service Grocery store selling beer…
Photo by angela n. You can talk about whatever is on your mind – quality of life issues, a beautiful tree you spotted, scuttlebutt, or any random questions/thoughts you may…