Washington, DC

Photo by PoPville flickr user Eric P.

“Dear PoPville,

I wanted to see how other folks have overcome terrible condo developers. We bought a unit in a new 30-unit condo building. The developer hasn’t finished some construction tasks, hasn’t provided HOA accounting information, has rented out units that are for low-income housing on Airbnb, and failed to pay our water bill, which resulted in the water being turned off for the entire building.

We’ve tried to be nice or threatening to get them to respond. But short of suing them which will be costly, is there any advice or city services that could help motivate them to act?”


Subscribe to our mailing list