From a press release:
“Events DC Cherry Blast! will kick off the finale weekend of the National Cherry Blossom Festival on Friday, April 14 from 7pm to 11pm at Dock 5 at Union Market. Both in celebration of the annual blooming of the cherry blossoms and inspired by Japanese nightlife, Events DC Cherry Blast!, a premiere event of the National Cherry Blossom Festival, is a one-of-a-kind multi-sensory experience.
By transforming Dock 5 into a vibrant streetscape highlighting Japan’s dynamic culture and ambiance, Events DC Cherry Blast! guests will be immersed in:
- Tokyo Street Food: A communal marketplace featuring an eclectic array of authentic Japanese street food by six of DC’s most renowned chefs, curated by acclaimed Chef Erik Bruner‐Yang of Maketto;
- Music Soundstage: Lose yourself in a dance party as the pulsating sounds of music fill the venue provided by DJs and live performances throughout the evening;
- Night Market: A varied group of Japanese culture-inspired artisan vendors will be selling their creative crafts;
- Interactive Art Showcase: A spectacular display of art influenced by Japanese culture and the spirit of the cherry blossoms created by DC‐based artists;
- Esports Lounge: A high‐tech arcade exhibiting the dynamic live‐action of competitive play from the world’s fastest growing sports sector;
- VIP Lounge: An exclusive lounge providing an elevated experience including open bar with special cocktail pairings and Tokyo street food.
“The reimagined Events DC Cherry Blast! brings Japanese-inspired nightlife into Washington, DC, providing residents and visitors alike with a memorable experience full of food, music, dancing and original artwork that will leave guests speechless,” says Erik A. Moses, senior vice president and managing director of Events DC, sports, entertainment and special events. “Events DC is proud to continue our longtime commitment and support of the National Cherry Blossom Festival and it’s exciting month-long programing that is a treasured springtime tradition in DC.”
“We are so excited to have Events DC Cherry Blast! as an addition to an excellent finale weekend,” said Diana Mayhew, President of the National Cherry Blossom Festival. “It will be a great way to wrap up more than four weeks of exciting events throughout the city.”
Tickets for the 2017 Events DC Cherry Blast! are $69 for unlimited tastings and an open bar, $89 to also receive an exclusive commemorative t-shirt and $125 for VIP, which includes a special menu, lounge seating and specialty cocktails. Tickets are currently on sale at EventsDCCherryBlast.com.”