Photo by PoPville flickr user KJinDC
“Every day the Metropolitan Police Department works to recover and investigate illegal firearms in Washington D.C. In addition to our patrol officers, the Department has specialized units-such as the Gun Recovery Unit (GRU), Criminal Interdiction Unit (CIU), and Crime Suppression Teams-who work tirelessly to safely and respectfully secure illegal firearms and get them off of our streets. From Friday, December 2, 2016, through the morning of Monday, December 5, 2016, MPD detectives and officers recovered 13 illegal firearms in the District of Columbia.
Among the firearms recovered this weekend were:
* On Friday, December 2, 2016 a brown Glock 17 9mm semi-automatic handgun was recovered from the 1500 block of Ogden Street, Northwest CCN: 16-204-526
* On Friday, December 2, 2016, two firearms were recovered, including a black Glock 17 9mm handgun and a black and silver Intratec Tech9 from the 4600 block of B street, Southeast CCN: 16-204-429
* On Saturday, December 3, 2016, a Smith & Wesson 22 Long Rifle CTQ .22 caliber was recovered from the 1900 block of Lincoln Road, Northeast CCN: 16-204-624
* On Saturday, December 3, 2016, a Glock 26 was recovered from the 1300 block of Nicholson Street, Northwest CCN: 16-204-362
* On Saturday, December 3, 2016, a black Taurus PT 111 9mm was recovered from the 1300 block of Congress Street, Southeast CCN: 16-204-961
* On Saturday, December 3, 2016, a silver and black Walther PPK .380 caliber was recovered from the 1000 block of Kenilworth Avenue, Northeast CCN: 16-204-965
* On Saturday, December 3, 2016, a chrome Phoenix Arms Co., model Raven .25 caliber was recovered from the 2700 block of Bruce Place, Southeast CCN: 16-204-906
* On Sunday, December 4, 2016, a silver Smith & Wesson SD40VE .40 caliber handgun was recovered from the 1700 block of Desales Street, Northwest CCN: 16-205-274
* On Sunday, December 4, 2016, three firearms were recovered, including a black Colt 9mm carbine, a black Colt .38 caliber revolver and a shotgun from the 5000 block of Connecticut Avenue, Northwest CCN: 16-205-511
Ed. Note: This is the Comet Ping Pong incident.
* On Sunday, December 4, 2016, an H&R .32 caliber revolver was recovered from the 1900 block of Bladensburg Road, Northeast CCN: 16-205-599
It is one of MPD’s main goals to safely remove illegal firearms from DC streets to reduce crime and the fear of crime in the community. The responsibility to recover firearms falls on the shoulders of all MPD officers. We also thank members of the community for their help in creating safe neighborhoods.
The Metropolitan Police Department also recovers firearms with the assistance of anonymous tips made through MPD’s anonymous tip line. Anyone who has information regarding gun recoveries should call police at 202-727-9099. Additionally, information may be submitted to the TEXT TIP LINE by text messaging 50411.”
photo by Nate Jarvis Thanks to Nate for the reminder that Showtime is celebrating their 10 year anniversary tonight:
Thanks to JP for sending:
photo by CTB in DC Ed. Note: If this was you, please email [email protected] so I can put you in touch with OP. “Dear PoPville, Breaking from my usual work…
If you have any animal/pet photos you’d like to share please send an email to princeofpetworth(at)gmail(dot)com with ‘Animal Fix’ in the title and say the name of your pet and…
Polishing • Plating • Repair
Cherry Blossom Healing Arts is Washington DC’s best acupuncture and herbal medicine clinic. Located in Woodley Park, DC, we practice integrative medicine and take a personalized approach to your healthcare needs. We have helped thousands of busy Washingtonians improve their health and quality of life through treatment in our clinic.
Cherry Blossom Healing Arts is delighted to announce Xudong Wang is joining our team as an associate acupuncturist and herbalist. She utilizes all modalities of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) including acupuncture, herbal medicine, moxibustion, cupping, gua sha, TCM food therapy, and wellness planning to address a wide variety of health concerns. She is accepting new patients and you can schedule online with her by clicking here.
You deserve to feel better! We are here to support and guide you on your way to vibrant health. We also accept insurance and are open 7 days per week.
The Emma’s Torch Brunch Club, Summer 2023
Ready to experience the magic?
Enjoy a prix-fixe menu, family style. And the food? It’s oh-so-good while doing good.
The mouth-watering dishes will be made by our 3rd cohort of DC-area students, who will showcase their culinary skills and gain
Neighbor to Neighbor Day
Learn, serve, and celebrate! Join A Wider Circle for Neighbor to Neighbor Day: a day of learning opportunities (including a panel discussion featuring WAMU’s Michael King and Morgan Baskin), special volunteer projects, plus carnival games, arts and crafts, delicious food