Thank you to all those who have served (and continue to serve.)
From an email:
“Catalogue for Philanthropy: Nonprofits That Support Veterans and Their Families
- Operation Second Chance (www.cfp-dc.org/osc) provides direct support to those in financial crisis due to combat injury or illness, usually during the gap between active duty pay and the initiation of veterans’ benefits.
- Our Military Kids (www.cfp-dc.org/militarykids) provides small grants to help families pay for extracurricular activities when a parent is overseas and supports children of wounded warriors from all military branches.
- Operation Renewed Hope Foundation (www.cfp-dc.org/orhf) helps homeless and at-risk veterans secure safe, permanent homes and overcome the root causes of homelessness and instability in their lives.
- ThanksUSA (www.cfp-dc.org/thanksusa) empowers military families — children and spouses of military personnel —through its scholarship program to expand their education and skills through college, technical school, or vocational training programs.
- The Veterans Consortium (http://cfp-dc.org/vet) provides free legal services to over 400 veterans and their families each year, ensuring equal access to justice in court and achieving favorable outcomes in 80 percent of its cases.
- Yellow Ribbon Fund (http://cfp-dc.org/Yellow-Ribbon) provides practical high-touch support to wounded, ill, and injured service members, their caregivers, and families in the D.C. area at Walter Reed and Fort Belvoir as they transition back to their home and communities.”