Photo by Mathias Appel used with permission
From an email:
“DC Lemur Happy Hour to celebrate the World Lemur Festival
- Tuesday, October 25, 6-10pm
- Upstairs at Shaw’s Tavern (520 Florida Ave, NW)
- Lemur Trivia starts at 7:30 pm, with lemur-themed prizes and a gift card from Shaw’s for the winning team!
- 1/2 price pizza and burgers
- $5 house wine and Sam Adams drafts
- FB invite: https://www.facebook.com/events/1704199469900487/
Join lemur fans and friends of the Lemur Conservation Network in Washington DC for happy hour on Tuesday October 25 in celebration of the 2016 World Lemur Festival.
We have reserved the upstairs room at Shaw’s Tavern, where we will be hosting LEMUR TRIVIA and showcasing our favorite lemur photos. Test your lemur knowledge and win prizes for you and your team!
We’ll be raising money for nonprofit Lemur Love (www.lemurlove.org), which supports the conservation of ring-tailed lemurs in southern Madagascar. Ring-tailed lemurs were recently named to the Top 25 Most Endangered Primates List, with an estimated 2,000 left in the wild. They are in danger of extinction due to habitat loss, hunting, and capture for the pet lemur trade.
Learn more about the World Lemur Festival at http://lemurconservationnetwork.org/tag/world-lemur-festival/“