What the Helen of Troy is this Beautiful Detail Called?

by Prince Of Petworth October 21, 2016 at 2:00 pm 11 Comments


“Dear PoPville,

I walk by this gorgeous house every other day. I posted a pic of this house on Instagram and called this projection a cupola. My friend disagreed. We’re not sure what this architectural feature is called. If it is not a cupola what the Helen of Troy is it? Any historical significance? What’s the practical reason for this type of addition?”


Subscribe to our mailing list