Photo by PoPville flickr user Joe Flood
From an email:
“DCSFA invites you to Dupont Circle Park this Saturday at noon for SNOW WARS: THE SNOWBALL STRIKES BACK!
We’re big Star Wars fans, and if you are too, bring your outfits and get into character as you engage with Storm Troopers, Jedi, Vader and maybe even some Ewoks! We also welcome Trekkies and other space-themed combatants (think Guardians of Galaxy, The Martian, and as a homage to Bowie, some Ziggy Stardusts as well!).
Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1073324589364838/
Then join us at Ping Pong – Chinatown for the official after party (time TBA), where the best Snow Wars outfitted-snowballers can redeem the food & drink vouchers that we’ll be giving out!
We also hope you can sign up for the DC Snow Team and help seniors and people with disabilities to shovel their sidewalks over the weekend! Post a photo of yourselves doing the shoveling on our Facebook page, Twitter, or Instagram with the #DCSFA, show it to the DCSFA reps or Ping Pong staff – and you’ll get a DCSFA T-shirt – the first new DSCFA swag since 2010.
Ami & Mike
A recap of our common sense guidelines! We ask everyone to please:
• Respect any requests made the Metropolitan Police Department and the U.S. National Park Police
• Play fair, especially by NOT THROWING ICE
• Wear any protective gear that you think you need (goggles recommended!)
• Not pelt moving vehicles, since that could cause accidents
• Remember that anyone who behaves recklessly is individually responsible for the consequences.”